- Posted: over a month ago
Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Multi-Color Corporation and Fort Dearborn have merged and are now the world’s largest prime label and packaging supplier. Join the new MCC and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that has been committed to excellence and industry leadership for over 110 years.
The primary responsibility for the Quality Manager position is to drive daily adherence to the Quality Management System and support Lean initiatives within the facility. Be a change agent for process improvement and standardization efforts. Lead efforts to maintain certifications for ISO and Food Safety as well as relevant customer qualifications. Provide support for other Quality and Manufacturing efforts that pertain to customer quality and satisfaction.
- Drives quality improvement efforts to establish and enforce an effective Quality Management System (QMS).
- Uses Lean Six Sigma methodology to support Lean initiatives, improve processes and reduce defects.
- Manages supplier quality and ensures a process is in place to provide feedback to suppliers when defects are found and ensure corrective actions are received.
- Implements and maintains internal surveillance audit process focused on ensuring adherence to the QMS, Control Plans and QPOC process.
- Establishes cross functional training programs to ensure quality technicians for skilled in quality testing methods and internal auditing.
- Coaches and develops plant Quality Technicians in effective use of quality tools such as process audits, root cause counter measure (RCCM), measurement systems analysis (MSA), and statistical process control (SPC) and quality management systems (QMS).
- Leads the facility quality efforts and defines areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures.
- Establishes effective quality management system by updating quality assurance manual and procedures.
- Ensures that Change Management procedures are followed and communicated to all affected associates.
- Reviews and standardizes control plans, closed loop corrective action systems and quality management systems in all plants.
- Assures adherence to the internal audit plan to verify plant adherence to FDC quality management system.
- Assures supplier quality by enforcing quality assurance standards, policies, and industry/government requirements.
- Collaborates with other members of the quality organization to share best practices and ensure standardization across business units.
- Monitors the performance of the Quality Management System through data analysis and adherence to standards.
- Works with facility management team to achieve overall financial objectives, reduce customer credits by making fiscally responsible business decisions and initiating corrective actions to prevent systemic issues from occurring.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; achieving certifications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Fort Dearborn has been around for almost 100 years, and we pride ourselves on our elevated level of excellency. Every team member of Fort Dearborn is expected to treat all associates respectfully and professionally.
- Travel up 40%.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, manufacturing technology or Business Administration (related technical discipline may be considered). 10 years of direct experience with requisites in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 10 years in leadership role in one or more of the areas of quality, engineering, manufacturing and/or lean deployment, with minimum of 5 years in multisite quality leadership.
- Demonstrated problem solver with direct experience coaching, teaching, and applying lean sigma, six sigma and/or lean manufacturing techniques.
- Skilled in statistical process control, change management, and legacy quality tools such as PDCA, FMEA, control plans, etc. required.
- Certified Lean (lean certification such as TBM, Shinghijutsu, Danaher etc.)
- Six Sigma or CQE required (ASQ or equivalent).
- MCC Label offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
MCC Label welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. MCC Label is an equal opportunity employer.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Multi-Color Corporation