Experienced Digital Press Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Multi-Color Corporation and Fort Dearborn have merged and are now the world’s largest prime label and packaging supplier. Join the new MCC and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for over 110 years.
The Digital Press Operator is an essential member of the team, responsible for the manufacturing of printed labels while continuously monitoring label quality and press conditions.
- Our Printing Press Operators must adhere to all plant and corporate safety rules, procedures, and guidelines.
- Reports all safety concerns or issues to their immediate supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and area by completing daily housekeeping assignments.
- Completes make-ready in accordance with the Job Ticket and Product Specification documents to ensure correct print cylinders, inks, substrates, tooling, and anilox rollers are used.
- Responsible for completing all required quality checks related to product specifications, visual, and functional checks. Completes all press-side quality checks.
- Operates press to produce product in accordance to customer specifications while maintain quality, waste, and press efficiency.
- Maintains consistent quality during the production run. Critical quality checks including copy, color, and registration, and ink adhesion. Ensure conformance to all other quality checks.
- Responsible for completing all related procedures, work instructions, and quality measurements as outlined in the BRC standard.
- Completes press make ready’s in an efficient manner.
- Completes all required equipment maintenance duties.
- Cleans plate, cylinder, and ink pans, and lubricates press as needed.
- Inputs all required information into the GlobeTek system for material usage and time in an accurate and prompt manner.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Experience operating a digital press and/or minimum 2 years web and/or offset experience required. Or ability to travel to certification classes in GA paid for by the company.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret internal and external communications to perform job duties.
- Effective interpersonal skills needed.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to determine “root cause” of problem and determine corrective action.
- Proficient knowledge of production materials, quality methods, and color standards are necessary.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude required.
- Computer prepress/preflight knowledge is preferred. Advanced computer skills needed.
- Must occasionally be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- MCC Label offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
MCC Label welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. MCC Label is an equal opportunity employer.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Multi-Color Corporation