Demand Planner - Blue Yonder Exp. Required
Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Multi-Color Corporation and Fort Dearborn have merged and are now the world’s largest prime label and packaging supplier. Join the new MCC and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that has been committed to excellence and industry leadership for over 110 years.
This position has ownership of all demand planning activities and is responsible for ensuring the demand planning process delivers a reliable forecast as a key input to the supply planning system. He/she will focus on:
- Leading content creation supporting the monthly Demand Review as part of the S&OP process including the presentation of the demand plan, its assumptions, drivers, and risks
- Developing demand-based unit and revenue plans for comparison against annual business plans and financial forecast updates along with the collaborative processes to gain alignment
- Developing and monitoring process metrics to drive process conformance, problem solving and improvement
- Identifying quantified risks within the demand plan, reviewing gaps with Customer and Trade teams and developing appropriate countermeasures for resolution
- Managing the forecasting system (Blue Yonder) to deliver optimal modeling of the business and improve planner productivity by maximizing system functionality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the demand planning process, clarify ambiguity, develop approaches to new conditions, address bias and deliver accurate, unconstrained forecasts.
- Create and/or maintain forecasting models for each item at each stocking location and for every customer within designated product lines to achieve established forecast accuracy goals.
- Review system generated statistical forecasts for inconsistencies and adjust across the planning horizon by utilizing customer prior shipments, POS data, knowledge of business unit trends, and upcoming promotions to guide decision making.
- Challenge the sales assumptions when significant deviations occur between the demand-based revenue plan and the business plans.
- Provide a monthly forecast to the supply planning team which includes base business plus new/lost business from Salesforce
- Collaborate with sales on key customers to ensure forecast bias is within 5% of actuals.
- Manage demand history to realign forecasts based on item version changes, customer entity changes, etc.
- Incorporate guidance from the Product Management Review and new product launch materials to ensure forecasts support new product development objectives and assist in the conversion (run out) from one item to another.
- Problem solves the highest causes of error by researching error, determining root cause and driving for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with the business and IT to recommend system solutions aligned with business goals and company objectives.
- Document business processes and standard work, assist to develop system solutions and validate system designs through rigorous testing of solutions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications - Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Management, or related technical field
- Minimum 1-3 years Blue Yonder Experience Required
- Requires a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience which includes:
- Inventory management, planning and/or forecasting.
- Direct interaction with plants and customers.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical modeling and Blue Yonder - JDA.
- Experience across multiple aspects of the supply chain with previous roles in inventory management, manufacturing planning and/or forecasting.
- Direct interaction with customers.
- Expertise in data acquisition, spreadsheet/database development and analysis.
- Experience utilizing Lean principles and tools (Flow, Pull, Kanban, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, etc.).
- Must be able to process large amounts of data, influence others and drive cross-functional alignment and be able to communicate at various levels within the Organization.
- Able to work in a fast paced team environment while managing personal schedule and exhibit flexibility to support multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- SQL required
- Strong communication (written, verbal and presentation) and organizational skills.
- Strong results orientation and work ethic; Able to work independently.
- Proficiency with Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and other MS office tools is essential.
- Occasional travel required to Plants, Customers and/or partner locations.
- This is a hybrid role, that will require 2-3 days in plant at the closest location.
- MCC offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
MCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. MCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Multi-Color Corporation (formerly Fort Dearborn)Louisville, KY
BusinessView All Multi-Color Corporation (formerly Fort Dearborn) Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.