Director of Electrical Engineering - Fortune 500 Company
Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing Company Hartford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Global Fortune 500 Manufacturing Company is seeking a Director of Electrical Engineering for one of their operating companies. The candidate must be able to manage Electrical Engineers on significant customer projects directing internal and external resources to complete the total development. Successful individual will work with primarily with internal customers. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be able to convey complex technical data to all levels of program participants.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Program management of projects associated with key customers so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Monitor, measure and report on engineering issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers and customers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of engineering development projects.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of engineering technology trends and capabilities and communicate those to the executive team.
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance in cooperation with the executive team.
- Overall responsibility for timely delivery of electrical engineering deliverables meeting performance and cost specifications for all New Product Development, sustaining and value engineering activities (ECN, PPV, VAVE)
- Reviews and critiques the plans and work of Electrical Engineering associates as required
Management Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff.
- Ensure activities meet with and are integrated with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Ability to: Direct and Motivate Others, Recognize others strengths and weaknesses, Organize, Plan and Set Priorities, Build Effective teams, Fairness to Direct Reports, and Drive for Results.
- Reflect Company Values in regards to: Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Problem Solving, Integrity and Trust, Functional/Technical Skills, Listening, Action-oriented, Composure, Values Diversity, Approachability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with technical product experience. Master’s degree in a Electrical Engineering or business field is preferred.
- Management/supervisory experience desired.
- Lean skills and experience desired.
- Demonstrated proven leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of configuration management.
- Fosters cross-functional problem solving and cooperation
- Fundamental understanding of:
- Design for Manufacturing, Sourcing, Assembly, Reliability Principles
- Human Factors and Usability Engineering Considerations
- DFMEA / Risk Analysis and Mitigation
- Component selection
- Value engineering principles
- Proficiency with tools for simulation, schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium, or equivalent)
Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing Company
ManufacturingView all jobs at Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing Company