We are looking for an experienced Combo Welder to join our team.
- Must be able to observe and recognize problems during the welding process and adjust speed, voltage, amperage, or feed of the rod accordingly
- Must be able to read and interpret prints and plans
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience required
- Perform code (ASME, AWS or API) compliant welds using GMAW, SMAW, GTAW & FCAW processes
- Properly use fabrication shop hand tools. (grinders, drills, air tools, etc.)
- Operate forklifts & overhead cranes
- Operate vertical/horizontal band saws
- Rig, hoist/lift & move materials
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to weld qualification test coupon for;
- FCAW and/or GMAW welding process in the 3G & 4G position using Carbon Steel plate.
- SMAW and GTAW welding processes in the 6G position with Carbon and/or Stainless Steel pipe.
- Positive “can do” attitude & strong work ethic.
- Ability to take detailed instruction.
- Willing to be challenged to improve welding skills to meet high quality standards.
- Must be able to read & understand weld symbols, weld procedures, mechanical and structural drawings.
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and safe work practices.
- Must be able to use Oxy/fuel & Plasma hand cutting torch.
- Daily housekeeping of shop and/or work area.
- Flexible working schedule to support project needs.
Considered a Plus:
- ASME pipe welding experience
- Fit-up & layout experience on structural/misc. steel and pipe spools
- Experience with machine equipment such as mill or drill press
- Familiarity with weld inspections and related NDE (RT, MT, PT)
- Pipe welding experience with ASME B31.3, B31.4 and API 1104 codes
- Fit-up, layout & welding experience on structural/misc. steel
- Familiarity with weld inspections, inspection documentation and NDE (RT, UT, MT, PT)
- Formal/technical education
Work Location: Mullins Mechanical site located in Eden, NC.
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience and welding test scores.
Powered by JazzHR
Mullins Mechanical & WeldingEden, NC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.