Mulligan Security, the tri-state's leading private security organization, has immediate job opportunities for Security Supervisors at Class “A” properties in New York City.
The starting wage is $33.00 per hour including an extensive benefit package, 401k plan, paid holidays, paid sick and vacation. Must be a NYS Licensed Security Guard Officer.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
The Zone Security Supervisor is responsible to manage the security operation during a particular shift which includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Conduct the rollcall and ensure that all officers are present, in proper uniform and aware of their post orders and all current events which are related to this location.
- Ensure that security officers are knowledgeable on recent incidents and provide guidance on how established protocols should be followed.
- Inspect all officers while they are on post and sign their memo books during the tour.
- Respond to all incidents and conduct the preliminary investigation.
- Coordinate emergency resources when necessary and provide direction and informational updates to the twenty-four (24) hour Joint Security Operations Center (JSOC).
While the JSOC has a dedicated supervisor assigned, it is the responsibility of the Zone Security Supervisor to provide information on all incidents and events which occur throughout the campus in a timely manner. This Regional JSOC is the hub of the security operations program where all messages and emergency contacts are coordinated and distributed.
- Prepare detailed Incident Reports.
- Act as the point of contact for the NYPD and FDNY upon their arrival on campus.
- Direct personnel changes during the shift and adjust posts as necessary.
- Oversee the deployment of officers assigned to special events to ensure a safe environment.
- Assist the Director of Security with developing, coordinating, managing and communicating the security plan and, through proactive leadership, engage the security staff to maximize the efficiency of the operation.
- Respond to all emergencies, fire alarms, criminal events, medical issues and news worthy incidents and provide direction to our staff while coordinating the responding emergency services response via the JSOC.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must be a NYS Licensed Security Guard Officer
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of seven (7) years prior law enforcement required.
- Prior supervisory experience in law enforcement, private sector security or military is preferred.
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Please click the link below to apply or copy and paste to your browser.