Mulligan Security, the tri-state's leading private security organization, has immediate job opportunities for Console Security Operators at Class “A” properties in New York City.
The starting wage is $20.00 per hour including an extensive benefit package, 401k plan, paid holidays, paid sick and vacation. Must be a NYS Licensed Security Guard Officer.
Mulligan Security is actively interviewing candidates for the role of Console Operator who will be assigned to a new Security Operations Center (SOC). This unique position will be the center of a 24-hour security program in a new, state of the art command center located in a dynamic commercial office building campus in Manhattan. Candidates who believe they are prepared to successfully manage a high volume, fast paced console operator position must possess skills listed below.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Advanced computer sills with experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment to communicate critical information to both armed and unarmed security personnel on location while following established protocols and notifying emergency services.
- Polished telephone and verbal communication skills when speaking to others which demonstrates an organized and serious atmosphere and represents Mulligan Security in a professional manner.
- Prior experience in the security field monitoring a large CCTV network and a familiarity with camera operations and video retrieval.
- The ability to operate access control systems, run reports, activate or deactivate card access, maintain Do Not Admit groups and communicate with other security vendors as needed.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
The desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment with a keen focus on attention to detail is critical. This position is responsible for answering telephone calls and e-mails from management, tenants and visitors and processing the necessary information rapidly to ensure the message is properly communicated. The JSOC Console Operator is a full-time position, 40 hours per week with the possibility of overtime. We are currently seeking candidates for various shifts.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must be a NYS Licensed Security Guard Officer
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
Must possess one or more of the following:
- Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
- Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard
- Service in auxiliary police or police cadets
- Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Please click the link below to apply or copy and paste to your browser.