Human Resources Generalist
- Expired: October 05, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Industry: Higher Education
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in SW Portland, OR to identify a HR Generalist to join their team. This is a hybrid – 3 days onsite/ 2 remote per week, full-time, contract opportunity. The Human Resource Generalist will assist with the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including processing benefits and leaves, answering HR queries from employees, and enforcing college policies and practices.
- Administer leave programs including FMLA/OFLA, WC and ADA, answer employees leave related questions, maintain tracking of all employees on leave and ensure that all leave documents are provided in a timely manner.
- Assist with triaging HR inquiries sent to the primary HR inbox.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation; performance and talent management; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Partner with other HR employees on short-term projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- AA degree or 2 years of related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of applicable employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems (Workday).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field is preferred.
- 2 years of human resource generalist experience.
- SHRM-CP certifications a plus.
- Experience working within Workday preferred.
Compensation Rate: $30- $35/hour
Mulberry Talent Partners
Get fresh Human Resources Talent jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.