Drives for the company to pick up and deliver materials. Must be able to speak, read and write English and must have a clean driving record. Must have experience pulling a long bed trailer. CDL preferred. Responsible for day to day tasks of ensuring manufacturing parts and equipment are shipped appropriately and on schedule. This position ensures the paperwork is timely, accurate and complete before the material is shipped. Manages shipping cost to customer and company. Works closely with QC, Accounting and Purchasing.
- Loading, transporting, receiving and delivering items to clients and businesses in a safe and timely manner
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure orders are complete and accurate
- Adhere to assigned route and time schedules
- Prepare reports and other documents for deliveries
- Abide by all transportation laws, maintain a safe driving record, and follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Operate and have knowledge of fork lifts
- Assist shipping in all aspects when not driving
- Stages job materials
- Helps locate materials
- Ships out items, arranging transportation to and from the shop
- Prepares proper paperwork
- Inspects load for safe travel including making sure items are not damaged, scratched or inappropriately loaded
- Take photos of jobs and upload them to the computer
- Provide reports to Supervisor as requested
- Prepare units for proper shipments, such as wood cover, crates, etc.
- Ability to operate forklifts and tractors in a variety of weather and traffic conditions
- All other tasks as assigned
High school Diploma, valid driver license with a clear driving record, and special license maybe required to operate certain vehicles. CDL Preferred. Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail. Strong time management and customer service skills. Works with calculator, computer knowledge and other electronic equipment efficiently. Sensitive to deadlines, ability to multi-task. Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills, Manufacturing background. Team focused and the ability to decipher large amounts of knowledge and condense into reportable and understandable outcomes. The ability to be a part of a team supporting coworkers and working towards accomplishing tasks.
Physical Requirements and other items to communicate:
The ability to lift 50 lbs. Work in a high pace manufacturing environment, Have the ability to multi tasks by sharing work space with interruptions from others. Ability to walk, drive, lift and carry heavy items for extended periods of time