- $80,000 Yearly
We are hiring for the Muckleshoot Development Corporation (MDC)!
Indian Preference Policy Statement
It is the policy to follow its Indian Preference Policy in all employment selections when applicable. The policy aims to hire qualified persons for the position; this policy ensures that enrolled Tribal Members, their descendants and members of other federally recognized tribes are hired when they are one of the best candidates for the position. The complete Indian Preference Policy is available in Human Resources.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: A valid Washington State driver’s license is required at time of appointment or at a time set by Muckleshoot Development Corporation (MDC).
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, this position provides direct oversight of all facilities operations and maintenance of MDC properties.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list is intended only to illustrate the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
1. Manages the maintenance, construction, repair, and refurbishment operations of MDC properties.
2. Implements policies and procedures that ensure the optimal functioning of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment.
3. Monitors adherence of policies and procedures for quality assurance and safety practices.
4. Monitors daily building operations of all systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management to ensure reliability.
5. Tracks work orders for quality, adherence to service standards, and budgeted guidelines.
6. Oversees vendors or contractors engaged for construction projects.
7. Provides technical analysis and management for projects.
8. Prepares scope of work, project description, and strategy reports for planning and implementation; makes and/or modifies recommendations for changing scope of projects.
9. Develops and evaluates projects’ potential risks and makes recommendations to mitigate.
10. Assists with space planning and coordination. Works with other managers and directors in regards to staff needs involving space, relocation, equipment, etc.
11. Provides technical and specialized knowledge, advice and guidance for program wide operational functions.
12. Gathers data; develops budget for projects; determines performance indicators; monitors the financial status of projects; proposes budget revisions.
13. May negotiate agreements on behalf of MDC.
14. Represents MDC and/or public hearings regarding projects
15. May serve as the public information officer for a project.
16. Because of MDC’s commitment to community service and the well-being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION (required and preferred):
- Two years’ college level or vocational school with course work in planning, engineering, construction or a closely related field;
- Four (4) additional years of experience as a facilities manager may be considered in lieu of the associate’s degree;
- Four (4) years related experience in progressive facilities management, site management, and project development experience required.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Advanced knowledge of integrated security systems;
- Basic engineering and construction management;
- Research methods and analysis;
- Project cost accounting principles;
- Project management principles;
- Negotiation principles.
- Facilitation and negotiation;
- Oral and written communications and presentation skills;
- Writing and editing information in a clear and concise manner;
- Analysis of complex data and reports;
- Problem solving;
- Budget analysis and policy analysis;
- Project evaluation, advocacy and promotion;
- Gathering, manipulating and using data utilizing a computer;
- Working effectively as a team member to coordinate accomplishment of tasks;
- Managing multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Acting in a tactful and diplomatic manner and working on sensitive issues with diverse groups.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some outdoor work is required in the inspection of various project sites. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in the office, and moderate in the field.
Muckleshoot Development Corporation
2801 Auburn Way SouthAuburn, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.