- $60,000 to $80,000 Yearly
Mu-Del Electronics is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The Senior Accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a Senior Accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding Senior Accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate accounting functions and programs
- Prepare financial analyses and reports
- Assist with preparing and monitoring budgets
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheets and general ledger accounts
- Assist with annual audit preparations
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
- Manage sales & use tax process and other local taxes
- Perform other accounting duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Must have working experience with QuickBooks
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Must have experience with an ERP system; Epicor ERP is a plus
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP
- Advanced knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel
- Must possess strong financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and responsibility in a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills, be outcome-oriented and can work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
Must be able to pass background screening, Green Card holders or US Citizens only.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Mu-Del Electronics has led the way since 1967 with advanced IF/RF and Microwave Products and Amplifiers for the Defense Electronics, Aerospace, Telemetry and other high-end commercial industries. From commercial space to advanced wireless applications, our custom high-reliability products are integral to the complex operations of major Satellite, Radar, Navigation, Communications, Electronic Warfare, and Missile Systems Applications.
7430 Merritt Park DriveManassas, VA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.