A Manufacturing Purchasing Specialist must be detail-oriented, outcome-oriented, team-oriented, and work in a fast-paced environment. The position is responsible for assisting the Resource Manager and Operations Manager in managing the operations' daily activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the ordering of materials, supplies, and services, and follow through with suppliers on shipment and delivery
• Place purchase orders within an ERP system based on customer orders and forecasting information, min-max requirements, or internal requests
• Work closely with the materials and production teams to ensure the required material is in place for the manufacturing build plan
• Support material management and operation goals on quality improvements, cost reductions, product delivery, inventory reduction, lead-time reduction, and customer focus
• Initiate and analyze Request for Quotations. Verify material requisitions for accuracy in specifications, order quantities, etc.
• Determine the best supply source by evaluating price, lead time, quality, manufacturing capabilities, and service support. Prepare the information required to process a purchase order.
• Be proactive as opposed to reactive in preventing stock outages
• Maintain good relationships with suppliers
• Perform other duties as assigned
Organizational Relationships: Work closely with Operations, Engineering, Accounting, Sales, and Inventory Control departments.
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree
• 1 – 3 years of related purchasing experience
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) systems
• Purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment is a plus
• Ability to multitask, take the initiative, be resourceful, and be customer-oriented
• Have detailed analytical skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to track procurement activity
• Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, and people skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
• US Citizens or Green Card holders only
Mu-Del ElectronicsMu-Del Electronics has led the way since 1967 with advanced IF/RF and Microwave Products and Amplifiers for the Defense Electronics, Aerospace, Telemetry and other high-end commercial industries. From commercial space to advanced wireless applications, our custom high-reliability products are integral to the complex operations of major Satellite, Radar, Navigation, Communications, Electronic Warfare, and Missile Systems Applications.