Manufacturing Electrical Soldering Technician
Mu-Del Electronics Manassas, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Electrical Assembly Tech position requires basic soldering, applying solder paste for surface mounted components for all Mu-Del Electronics PCBs while using a microscope. Wire bonding experience is definitely a plus. Components can be for digital, analog and RF boards. The ability to read and understand basic assembly instructions and prints is required. Must be able to identify different types of components and technologies and have some surface-mount and thru-hole soldering experience. Must have a working knowledge of IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 and QMS standards.
The Electrical Assembly Tech must work closely with Quality Control, Manufacturing, Materials, Engineering, and Test departments ensuring verbal and written communications are clear and understood.
The position functions in a manufacturing environment with long periods of sitting and occasional use of a microscope.
M-F as coordinated and approved with Department Manager and Human Resources. Overtime and weekends as needed.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assembling products in accordance with Mu-Del Electronics' drawings and processes.
- Ensures manufacturing quality standards are met and maintains logs reflecting daily work.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
Education / Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous SMT experience in electronic assembly.
- (CIS) J-STD-001 a plus, but not required.
- Should have good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Must have good SMT soldering skills, for SMT components to size 0402.
- Ability to solder using a microscope.
- Ability to apply solder paste and operate a reflow oven is a plus, but not required
- Wire Bonding Experience a plus.
Mu-Del Electronics has led the way since 1967 with advanced IF/RF and Microwave Products and Amplifiers for the Defense Electronics, Aerospace, Telemetry and other high-end commercial industries. From commercial space to advanced wireless applications, our custom high-reliability products are integral to the complex operations of major Satellite, Radar, Navigation, Communications, Electronic Warfare, and Missile Systems Applications.
7430 Merritt Part DrManassas, VA