Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Mt. Olive Pickle Company Mount Olive, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Production Supervisor Position Available!
Come join our family…the #1 brand of pickles, peppers, and relishes!
Mt. Olive Pickle Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package and continues to strive to be the Employer of Choice within the community.
All new hires will be eligible for a $300 bonus after satisfactorily completing 90 days of service!
COVID-19 considerations: Please refer to our website at www.mtolivepickles.com for detailed information on Mt. Olive Pickle Company’s Response to COVID-19
We have a Production Supervisor Position available on Night shift. This individual will supervise department to meet established quality and production performance standards. Department supervised may be functions of Cutting, Packing, Pasteurizing/Capping, Finished Goods. Candidates should have minimally 3 years’ experience in production processes and a good working knowledge of mechanical processes and equipment. Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations (such as federal and state labor laws, EPA, OSHA and food safety) needed. Qualifications also include: high school diploma plus additional technical or specialized training including successful completion of Acidified Foods GMP School, good written and verbal communication skills. Conversational Spanish is a plus.
· Assures all employee safety, food safety and food quality rules and regulations are followed. Communicates the same to employees. Assures all employees are properly trained and are performing their duties in these areas.
· Monitors adherence to and assures compliance with “Standard Operating Procedures” (SOP’s) and “Good Manufacturing Practices.”
· Supervises and coordinates all departmental activities prior to beginning of each shift to ensure “on-schedule” start-ups.
· Assigns job tasks to departmental employees as dictated by day-to-day production requirements.
· Utilizes machinery and personnel to get maximum production and efficiency for each production run. Works to reduce and eliminate all sources of waste including raw materials, time, and equipment failures. Evaluates performance and quality of product all during the run.
· Monitors conditions of all equipment in assigned department. Writes work requests for repairs, needed changes, or additions.
· If applicable, maintains departmental forklift data daily. Assures all forklifts are in working order. Reviews and turns in forklift checklists daily.
· Coordinates work activities with other departments of Company. Works closely with other supervisors to avoid confusion, misunderstandings and resulting downtime.
· Meets regularly with Superintendent to discuss problems, opportunities, schedules, safety conditions, etc.
· Reviews departmental reports for accuracy, completeness, and promptness.
· Accountable for results in terms of costs, budgets, methods, safety, quantity, and quality of production, operations and personnel.
· Maintains and updates a variety of relevant reports and spreadsheets on computer. Maintains computer and paper files as needed.
· Maintains areas of operation in a safe and sanitary manner. Makes effective use of and makes recommendations on physical assets. Determines that established safety rules, Company policy and good housekeeping are followed.
· (CAPPING/PASTEURIZING ONLY)
In the event of this employee’s absence, supervisory duties related to food safety and food quality will be assumed by the Production Superintendent.
· May perform some duties of subordinates or other Production Supervisors in absence of same.
· May occasionally operate forklift in performance of some job duties.
· Occasionally drives own or company vehicle in performance of some job duties.
· Ensures proper selection, training, evaluation, and discipline of and communication with employees.
· Participates in training, employee meetings, committees, project teams, etc. as appropriate.
· Receives written and verbal instructions on the above job tasks and performs other duties as directed by Supervisor.
Mt. Olive Pickle Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action /Equal Employment Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabilities.
We strive continually to improve our operations, to make our processes better and more efficient, and to deliver the best quality and value for our customers and consumers. We seek forward thinking individuals with a desire to make a difference.
Mt. Olive Pickle CompanyWhy Work Here?
Competitive salary and benefit package while continuing to strive to be the Employer of Choice within the community
Mt. Olive Pickle Company, Inc., located at the Corner of Cucumber & Vine in Mount Olive, North Carolina, manufactures the best-selling brand of pickles in the country with distribution in all 50 states. The company ferments pickles on site and produces fresh-packed pickles, peppers, relishes and much more. In business for over 90 years, Mt. Olive is known for quality products, dedicated employees, and its support of the local community. We strive continually to improve our operations, to make our processes better and more efficient, and to deliver the best quality and value for our customers and consumers. We seek forward thinking individuals with a desire to make a difference.
1 Cucumber Blvd. MT Olive NC 28365Mount Olive, NC