Maintenance Technician-Night Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $30 Daily
- Benefits: medical,
Come join our family…the #1 brand of pickles, peppers, and relishes!
Mt. Olive Pickle Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package and continues to strive to be the Employer of Choice within the community.
COVID-19 considerations: Please refer to our website at www.mtolivepickles.com for detailed information on Mt. Olive Pickle Company’s Response to COVID-19
- We have an opening for a Maintenance Technician on Night Shift. This position requires ideal candidate to utilize knowledge of mechanical principles required to set-up, troubleshoot, repair, replace, disassemble or overhaul a variety of complex mechanical equipment. NOTE: There are four levels of skill and machinery competence involved in this job. Maintenance Technicians start at job grade 104 and can progress up with increasing knowledge and skill. .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school required. CRC (Bronze level or higher) a plus.
- Certificates of Completion in Maintenance Curriculum, or equivalent experience a plus. 3+ years experience in an industrial environment, automated production plant, PLC’s and/or robotics.
- Strong working knowledge of automation, instrumentation and mechanical principles needed.
- Strong time management, communication, organization and computer skills needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English required.
- · Troubleshoots, repairs, or replaces machinery and equipment based on work request or verbal instructions.
- Installs or overhauls machinery and equipment based on work orders.
- Diagnoses cause of equipment failure and makes repairs to all equipment plant wide. This includes, but is not limited to, blanchers; rinsers; fillers; briners; cappers; pasteurizers; labelers; tamper banders; case packers; case erectors; wrappers (shrink & stretch); palletizers; depalletizers; vibrators; cutter/slicers; graders; conveyors; stenciling/coding equipment; flow meters; pumps; soap & oil lubricators; dock doors and levelers.
- Using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), receive work orders, identify faulty equipment, and acquire parts and equipment to complete repairs.
- Replaces the following: Motors, Pumps, Valves (solenoid valves on pasteurizer) Electrical switches, damaged wiring and conduit, and starter contacts (heaters) Others as needed excluding electrical/automation components as determined by supervisor.
- Performs ordinary hand welding, grinding, and sheet metal operations in minor fabrication projects - building conveyors, pump frames, shafts, etc. or in repair work as required.
- Installs tank fittings. Performs fiberglass repairs. Maintains air circulation system in tanks.
- Uses basic plumbing skills in fitting PVC pipe and other piping and tubing.
- Rebuilds equipment.
- Builds “cuke size” gauges for Q.C. inspection.
- Signs time tickets and completes work orders. Uses math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions in sizing materials, computing amount of material needed, reporting time, etc.
- Uses mathematics together with complicated equipment diagrams, specifications, charts, tables, and various types of precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to work independently, to plan sequence of and make decisions concerning mechanical procedures and fully perform any of the tasks listed above. Must be able to learn and apply new technology in equipment mechanics and instruct Technicians of lesser skill or experience.
- Understands and is proficient in the use of all machinery, tools, and equipment listed in “Machinery, Tools & Equipment Used” Section.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Follows safety rules and company policies.
- Uses personal computer in some job tasks, primarily in machine troubleshooting.
- Operates forklift and own or company vehicle in performance of some job tasks.
- Participates in training, employee meetings, committees, project teams, etc. as appropriate.
- Receives written and verbal instructions on the above tasks and performs other work as directed by supervisor.
Mt. Olive Pickle Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action /Equal Employment Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabilities.'
We strive continually to improve our operations, to make our processes better and more efficient, and to deliver the best quality and value for our customers and consumers. We seek forward thinking individuals with a desire to make a difference.
Mt. Olive Pickle Company
AddressMount Olive, NC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?