General Store Manager
Mt Lemmon General Store & Gift Shop Summerhaven, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mt Lemmon General Store and Gift Shop has an opening for the position of Store Manager. A company vehicle is provided (see benefits). This position will require the following:
- A motivated self starter who is enthusiastic and fun.
- Someone who is willing and able to work in and eventually manage the store at full capacity without owner supervision.
- A creative, detail oriented and passionate person who enjoys cooking and is able to learn and manage our fudge production system.
- A multitasker with the ability to be responsible for store opening and closing, cash register management and close out, directing part-time staff, and assisting the owners with overall operation of the store. Including but not limited to helping and serving customers, running the registers, cleaning, stocking, inventory control, etc.
The qualified candidate must be well spoken, friendly and personable, able to interact and have fun while serving our customers. The position is structured such that the manager will be responsible for 1-5 employees at a time and is directly accountable to the owners who are also active in the business. We are currently open 7 days per week for 8-10 hours per day. The manager will be expected to work approximately 40-45 hours per week. Weekends and holidays will be mandatory with the exception of requested time off.
The downside: we are 25 miles up a winding mountain road that is frequently impacted by bad weather and road hazards. These are very important things to consider when applying for the job. Housing up here is very limited and expensive. If the candidate were to consider moving here in the future, it will take some time and creativity to make that happen.
The Mt Lemmon General Store and Gift Shop is experiencing rapid growth in the exciting little town of Summerhaven up on Mt Lemmon. Many people visit here all times of the year for recreation and sightseeing which makes our store a vital mountain community resource. This is an exceptional and unique job opportunity to work in a famous store high up in the beautiful Catalina Mountains. The work environment is fast paced and very fun. Our customers are happy to be here and love visiting and browsing the store, but most importantly they love the FUDGE!!
Required skills and knowledge
- Customer Service · Well spoken · Leadership ability · Good Ethics · Good Judgment · Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented multitasker with an enthusiasm for cooking
- Reliable and Dependable – Always willing to put forth whatever effort is needed to overcome personal and unforeseen circumstances that might interfere with your job. This job must be one of your top priorities.
Education and experience
- Minimum 5 years retail and/or food service management experience required, prefer grocery and/or mercantile.
- A provable employment record of success, with a list of both personal and professional references that can be verified.
- Experience in a professional cooking or food prep position is preferred.
- Minimum High School graduate or GED equivalent.
Physical Demands and work environment
- The employee is constantly required to use arm/hands to operate a cash register, operate fudge making equipment, price merchandise, lift boxes, move products, and shovel snow.
- The employee is required to remain standing for extended periods of time, with frequent bending and lifting.
- The employee is required to have personal mobility, manual dexterity and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to access the general retail environment, and to operate a motor vehicle.
- The employee is constantly required to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- A clean Motor Vehicle Report and good driving habits are required.
- Non-smoking environment
Company Salary and Benefits
- Medical and dental program available
- Certain paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Company Vehicle for personal and company use to and from the General Store (provided if 90 day probationary period is successful)
- Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Provide salary requirements and previous verifiable salary history along with your resume.
The Mt Lemmon General Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Mt Lemmon General Store & Gift Shop
12856 N Sabino Canyon ParkwaySummerhaven, AZ
RetailView all jobs at Mt Lemmon General Store & Gift Shop