- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Plant Manager of the newly built Biostock processing and bagging operation in Burnsville, MS is responsible for all day-to-day operational management. This facility produces compressed bag pine shavings for the livestock and horse bedding consumer. The ideal candidate will have manufacturing management including overseeing an efficient and highly functional operation including 10 – 12 staff members, quality control, shipment and production planning and reporting documents as well as focus on staff and plant safety.
The Burnsville Plant Manager assumes the leadership position at the plant to promote personnel development, optimize effective culture and drive performance to achieve plant goals and objectives both in the short and long term.
- Manages the overall day to day operations and employees to assure optimum utilization of personnel and facilities to achieve high quality products at the lowest and most efficient cost.
- Productivity, Cost Control and Asset Management within an environment of continuous improvement.
- Works with upper management team to implement the strategic plan for the plant that supports business strategies which translate into the plant for day-to-day activities.
- Ensures compliance with corporate/plant policies and procedures.
- Communicates all issues, problems or concerns of the plant to upper management.
- Manages continuous supply and quality of raw materials and supplies.
- Hire and train plant employees.
- Complete the daily HR, Production, Shipment and Quality reports.
- Monitor and determine that employees meet the performance expectations and coordinate with upper management to enforce changes to plant budgets and safety procedures.
- Develop and maintain a staff relationship to foster feedback.
- Communicates, promotes and personally demonstrates Safety/Health as #1 priority.
- Complete daily safety briefings at start of every shift.
- Complete daily safety walkthroughs and reports.
- Complete daily maintenance meetings to discuss current issues, on-going projects, future projects, spare parts inventory and safety projects.
- Discuss, maintain and enforce daily preventive maintenance plan.
- Review the operations dashboard to understand day to day production results.
- Monitor and ensure quality tests are completed and meets company protocols/standards.
- Maintain all records to include training and environmental records.
- Proven work experience as a plant manager
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- BS degree in Business Management or related field or, equivalent experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
Strong mechanical skills preferred with working knowledge of motors, conveyors, compressors, etc.
Demonstrated leadership, organizational and management skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
MsBagco, LLCWhy Work Here?
New facility, experienced owners. Safety and Quality of highest importance. Close operating group with an excellent work atmosphere.
56 County Road 219Burnsville, MS
ManufacturingView all jobs at MsBagco, LLC