Great opportunity for a permanent position at a local food manufacturer!
The Mixing Machine Operator utilizes assorted equipment to blend ingredients into food products for processing while following exact product specifications and recipes. These are a full-time, non-exempt positions that report to the Production Supervisors. Third shift team members receive a $1.00 per hour differential while working on the 3rd shift.
First Shift Hours: Start at 5:00am
Third Shift Hours: Start at 7:00pm/9:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects physical condition of mixing equipment
- Inspects physical condition of ingredients
- Loads ingredients into mixing equipment or scales according to batch sheet mix instructions
- Starts equipment and adjusts valves and meters to admit liquid ingredients, steam, or cooling fluids to steam jacket or devices in mixing equipment to aid in blending
- Operates equipment until mixture reaches desired consistency or required specifications, and operates control/panels to transfer batch mixture through milling/batch holding tank/pasteurization systems
- Operates auxiliary equipment to break up, grind, dry mix, or otherwise prepare mixture for final transfer/processing
- Inspects, measures, tests, and verifies that product quality conforms to company, regulatory and customer specifications
- Develops, recommends, and implements measure to improve mixing methods, equipment performance, quality, and sanitation standards
- Investigates, analyzes, and resolves mixing problems, and/or assists team members in solving mixing problems by utilizing resources in the lab, research and development (R & D), and/or other mixers
- Maintains continual communication with other team members including the immediate supervisor, quality control, maintenance, production scheduling, warehouse, etc. in order to keep the mix stand and production line running as efficiently as possible
- Ability to report any errors or problems immediately and effectively
- Maintains time, mixing results, quality specifications, and detailed records of all lot numbers
- Adhere to quality and safety standards
- Accurately record hours worked
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Must be able to pass a basic math assessment
- Related experience preferred but will train the right candidate!
- Must be detail oriented and quick learner
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good cooperative skills
- Previous manufacturing, warehouse or retail work experience preferred
- Computation: Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Reasoning: Ability to understand flow of materials through a production and warehouse facility, both physically and in the system, and the impacts from any deviation of procedure. Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations
- May require flexibility in scheduling
- $15.50/hour starting wage
- $1.00/hour 3rd shift Differential
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day with the ability to be mobile throughout required work areas. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be expected to work inside a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; vibration levels are moderate.
- Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- 401(k), with company matching
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Sick days/personal days
- Paid Holidays