My name is Glenn Mappus. My wife Mindy and I own the Mr Handyman franchise in the Charleston and Summerville areas. We have owned and operated a private construction business for all our lives. That means we worked 80 hours a week to bid and secure jobs, work these jobs until completion to then have the joy of chasing down the money. We finally decided to purchase a franchise simply for a better way of life. My goal was to create a repair company where no one person was over burdened with the complications of business. I wanted systems in place to be a professional company and allow for a stress free environment. I wanted a company where everyone can make a good living, enjoy what we do and have time for family. Were now completing our 5th year in business and I feel confident in saying we have achieved these goals. All that being said, we are looking for another team member that shares the same goals. At Mr. Handyman we repair buildings. Plain and simple. The majority of our work is for home owners that want a safe, reliable, professional to work on their most prided possession, their home. We do perform some commercial repairs but the majority of our customers are people like us. Below are some job details. Feel free to call and speak with me directly at 843-266-0025.
- Complete small to medium repairs, remodeling, and home improvement projects
- Communicate with customers about scope of work and cost estimates
- Insure the efficient use of materials and maintain adequate stock of necessary equipment
- Collect payment and/or payment information from customers for work performed
- Keep company vehicle and equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition
- Complete invoices, daily route sheets, and weekly reports as required
- Perform other duties as needed which may include cross-training in related positions
- Skilled tradesman with 10 years of experience in home maintenance/repair and remodeling
- Strong carpentry background
- Must have own hand tools fit for many job types
- Proficiency to navigate tablet based technology
- Team player who can work independently
Benefits: Health insurance, Life insurance, vacation, Holiday pay, company vehicle.
Compensation: $25 per hour and up based on Experience (45k to 80k per year)
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow-up!