X-Ray Tubes Process Engineering Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Summary: Process Engineering Technician to work with Tubes Engineering team, comprised of Process Engineers, Design and Development Engineers, Scientists, and Engineering Technicians to support the development and sustainment of X-Ray tubes. The Technician will work directly with engineering, logistics and production to incorporate new product into manufacturing and support manufacturing and production control in the continuous improvement to existing product. The Technician will also be responsible for the troubleshooting of customer and in-line failures as well as support of production operators.
1. Assists in the gathering of data relating to engineering design, manufacturing & product support requirements.
2. Utilizes an entry level understanding of product design and build processes and applies standard methods and basic principles of Lean Product Development, Theory of Constraints and Design of Experimentation.
3. Performs the gathering of raw data and assists in processing data and communicates in meaningful forms (e.g. Flow Charts, Pareto Charts, Control Charts) to capture current manufacturing yields as well as drive yield improvements.
4. Improves processes and performs validation of the process. Provides the results of processes and tests to engineering team for evaluation.
5. Evaluate current processes and designs. Identify potential improvements and be able to evaluate the return on investment and risk associated with identified improvements.
6. Use problem solving and decision making tools to analyze a situation and recommend the best course of action.
7. Communicates with engineers non-conformity and product assembly issues.
8. Responsible for the testing and root cause determination of in-line failures and RMAs.
9. Responsible for monitoring the adherence of production to policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
1. A.S. in engineering technology field or science related discipline (equivalent work related experience acceptable)
2. 1+ years of experience in micro-manufacturing environment (X-Ray tube manufacturing preferred)
3. Six Sigma and/or lean manufacturing training preferred.
4. Proficient in MS Office. Specifically: Excel, Access, and Word.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Adaptability - understands changes in work-group tasks, situations, and the department as well as the logic or basis for change; actively seeks information about changes affecting their individual job. Treats changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth.
2. Engineering Processes – Entry level knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology).
3. Motivation – self-starter able to function with minimal supervision. Actively coordinates with others to proactively identify and resolve potential conflicts in order to meet defined project timelines.
4. Communication – strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Team Player – understands the importance of the team as a whole and actively drives communication and coordination within the team.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Moxtek
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?