Also may direct contracted staffing efforts through the use of an on-site contract staffing coordinator. Individual may coordinate other activities through other support resources.
- Participate in strategic business planning processes and development.
- Develop and implement HR oriented strategies in support of business initiatives.
- Manage talent acquisition strategy and processes for salaried and hourly positions including coordination with local contract employee provider.
- Manage all employee relations related activities which may include policy interpretations, disciplinary actions and employee performance feedback.
- Facilitate the compensation processes for all eligible employees including annual performance reviews, merit planning, wage increases and bonus programs.
- Administer benefit programs as required. Coordinate with Corporate benefits team.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing training and employee development programs that either supports defined business initiatives or meets regulatory requirements including the tracking and maintaining of all employee training activities
- Manage all headcount reporting and functional metrics.
- Prepare and administer HR budget in accordance with the annual operating plan (AOP).
- Provide oversight of regional diversity initiatives.
- Lead employee engagement initiatives at the site.
- Serve as a representative for the organization in community relations activities.
- Develop and maintain an affirmative action program, which conforms to EEO regulations.
- Provide leadership in meeting defined safety, health and environmental regulations along with other defined plant goals.
- Define and implement solutions to reduce worker’s compensation cost while improving employee wellness
- Comply with the written environmental (ISO 14001) and quality TS16949 policies.
- Comply with all management policies and procedures.
- 7-10 years experience in a human resources related field.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Familiarity with federal and state employment laws.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization verbally, written, and through formal presentations.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is required
- Experience with PeopleSoft is a plus