Project Manager (Freelance)
- Expired: May 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now at its 13-year, with 130+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, and Warner Bros.
Our Freelance Project Manager is seasoned within the industry, highly organized, and dedicated to making the agency run smoother. On a day-to-day level, this means ensuring all of the team's tasks are achieved with the highest level of efficiency and all work/projects stay on schedule and budget. From a bird's-eye view, you'll be constantly creating, evolving, and implementing processes and tools to help produce the best work. You'll report to the Senior Project Manager while working closely with account and creative leads.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Problem-solving: above all, your strongest skill should be the willingness to address challenges and provide pathways to solutions. You may not readily have all the answers, but you're the first to raise your hand and figure out how both yourself and the team can get the task complete.
- Team: you will manage multiple accounts, leading internal cross-functional teams throughout project life cycles, including social content, campaign development, influencer strategies, event activations, etc. You'll be responsible for running internal team status and always knowing where we stand with each project.
- Deliverables: you know how to dissect any project, large or small, into key phases and stages. Creating and seeing timelines through is second nature for you, and you'll continuously look to see where the team can improve in achieving each step in a timely/realistic manner.
- Productivity: in addition to timelines, you'll be tasked to create a scope of work and budget for your client projects and retainers. Both will require detailed collaboration with other department leads to ensure accuracy in resources and time. Once work is complete, you'll work with the Account team to report on hours/time spent on each project.
- Client: we expect everybody at Movement Strategy to be client facing to some extent. You'll be expected to communicate directly with clients around budget, timelines, process & deliverables. Furthermore, you'll need a solid understanding of the strategy behind the team's projects and be able to defend/communicate this.
- Manage internal team of up to 12 people, across multiple departments to create monthly social content. Oversee from briefing process, creative ideation and development through to content publishing and reporting.
- Partner with account lead to identify business opportunities and finding efficiencies in processes
- Communicate with Client on various stages involving budget, estimate, scope of works, timeline
- Manage vendor partner on identifying location and management of mural artworks
- Partner with creative leads to manage creative development process to create up to 35 pieces of social content per month. This process runs across various platforms such as Google Slides, Asana, Slack, Google Sheets
- Draft contracts, scope of works, and build staffing plans
- Creating accurate timelines for all projects
- Writing SOWs for both projects and client-retainers
- Accurately budgeting resources/OOPs for projects
- Producing necessary contracts and paperwork for partner-vendors
- Developing staffing plans with department leads
- Providing clear communications to both internal and external teams
- Understanding and experience with social-digital platforms, emerging tech, website and app development, print projects, production shoots and experiential activations
- Receiving constructive feedback and revisions
- Organizing and managing multiple moving projects
- 3-5 years of post-college experience managing projects, coordinating teams, and/or other planning-related duties, preferably in the social/digital space
- Ability to remain calm and collected in hectic situations, yet assertive when needed
- An understanding of current social/digital platforms (at least with scoping/managing projects)
- Proficient with project & time management software (i.e. Asana, Harvest, Toggl, BaseCamp, Dropbox, Trello, etc.)
- Proficient in Apple/Google/Microsoft tools
- You're proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client's business as if it were your own
- You make others' jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Movement, we believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps towards what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.
AddressNew York, NY
ConstructionView all jobs at Movement Strategy