- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the role
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meets weekly with Gym management to prioritize and plan.
- Performs general maintenance
- Uses project management software, Asana, to manage tasks.
- Coordinates with Facilities Service Providers when projects or repairs require a trade skill (such as electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc). While communicating progress to GD/AD via project software and direct communications
- Maintains clear lines of communications with Movement Regional Lead Facilities Associate.
- Coordinates monthly and annual maintenance calendar, and facilities requests from the gym, preparing schedule, timeline, costs and staffing needs proposal, then executing the proposal when approved.
- Works with the Manager of Facilities to develop maintenance procedures and ensures implementation.
- Manages relationships with contractors and service providers (fitness equipment providers, pest control, etc.)
- Keeps maintenance logs and reports on daily activities, keeping directors in the loop.
- Monitors equipment inventory and places orders when necessary, seeking budget approval from Facilities Manager.
- Performs manual repairs and conducts (or coordinates) general upkeep procedures, such as landscaping, painting, light carpentry, foam padding repairs and replacement, etc.
- Supervises and performs Rope and Anchors checks
- Ensures that the employee work in the gyms is performed in a safe manor and complies with applicable safety requirements. This includes rope-access work as needed for repairs and inspections.
- Responds to and addresses urgent maintenance and alarm calls
- Maintains info log and contact info for each gym on frequent repair service providers such as HVAC, Fire, Alarm, etc.
What success looks like:
- Maintaining all building systems and equipment in a fully functional state
- Proactively noticing problems and addressing them in a timely way so they don't become critical
- Communicating facility project status effectively to directors and other stakeholders
- Advocating for facility improvements
What you’ll bring with you
- Full time hours with a flexible schedule (ex: flex to work late nights, early mornings and weekends if work is needed to be done during non-business/busy hours)
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently, but in line with gym and director goals
- Ability to safely use and supervise use of power tools and ladders.
- Ability to keep track of and report on an activity.
- Organized and efficient, and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform Rope Access work and be comfortable working on ropes at height (training available).
- Responds to emails and other inquiries by end of business day.
- Supports and embodies Movement’s core values
- Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Asana).
- Ability to work on a ladder and lift 50lbs.
- Have a drivers license and ability to travel to all region gyms
Bonus points for:
- Experience maintaining rock climbing walls and climbing safety equipment
- Working knowledge of climbing gym floor and wall systems.
- Broad experience in facility maintenance including plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and finish work.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment, tools and devices.
We believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences make our team stronger. Even if your background doesn’t 100% match the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply and share how your unique experience and transferable skills would make you successful in this role.
Movement Climbing, Yoga, and FitnessWhy Work Here?
Growing company, Values-based (Passion, Integrity, Inclusion, Innovation, Partnership), Outdoor Industry, Career Growth, Great Benefits!
Real EstateView all jobs at Movement Climbing, Yoga, and Fitness