Moveable Feast, a 501 c 3 nonprofit agency that provides more than 700,000 nutritious home-delivered meals to nearly 5,000 individuals/year living with life threatening illnesses seeks part time (non-exempt) Volunteer Services Assistant. Position is responsible for supporting the Volunteer Services and Development team in carrying out fundraising & volunteer objectives. Position reports to Volunteer Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees & helps with maintenance of Volunteer Hub Database to include:
a. Approving & scheduling volunteers;
b. Entering data & insuring accuracy;
c. Communicating with volunteers; &
d. Producing reports.
- Coordinates and schedules volunteer groups and individuals.
- Communicates in a timely manner with the kitchen & other departments who utilize volunteers.
- Provides general support to the Volunteer Services Manager.
- Oversees volunteers as they are assigned in their various duties, as necessary.
- Assists with volunteer recruitment & recruitment events, as needed.
- Schedules & delivers “Meet the Feast” sessions & orientations, as needed.
- Handles general volunteer phone calls.
- Assists with Special Events (Ride for the Feast, Dining Out for Life, Volunteer Appreciation Week), as needed, to include administrative duties & social media.
- Assist Department head with special projects, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Possess a minimum of two (2) years’ office setting experience, preferably in dealing with volunteer services, development or fund raising environment.
- Position requires a schedule of Monday through Friday at approximately 25 hours per week.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and a valid drivers’ license.
Knowledge of nonprofit development or volunteer services offices; computer knowledge & database management software, to include Excel & Word. Skilled in MS Word, Excel & Access; volunteer management; organizational planning; & in effective written & verbal communication skills. Able to develop & maintain good working relationships with staff & volunteers; handle multiple tasks & deadlines simultaneously; lift 40 lbs.; gather data, compile information & prepare reports; read & comprehend simple instructions; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to individuals & groups; apply commons sense understanding; carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms; & interact with a diverse staff & client population.
Wage/Benefits: $16.00 per hour up to 25 hours per week w/pro-rated Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & optional 403(b) Retirement Plan
NO RECRUITER/TEMP AGENCY CALLS ACCEPTED