Moveable Feast, a 501 c 3 nonprofit agency that provides more than 700,000 nutritious home-delivered meals to nearly 5,000 individuals/year living with life threatening illnesses seeks full time (non-exempt) Development Associate. Incumbent is responsible for clerical and support functions within the department. The position requires a high level of professionalism in working with stakeholders, and a highly-detailed oriented approach to data collection and entry along with strong organizational skills. Position reports to Development Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for overseeing & management of the DonorPro Database: a) Responsible for all gift entry and acknowledgement – ensuring all gifts are properly recorded and promptly acknowledged in a timely manner; b) Responsible for judicious and accurate gift entry in the donor database; c) Maintain up-to-date donor records and donor mailing lists for fundraising campaigns, events, and newsletters; d) Work with Director of Development to prepare and execute newsletter and acquisition direct mail campaign lists; e) Follow best practices for database management and data entry; f) Produce accurate donor reports upon request; g) Eliminating duplications and assisting with constant database clean-up; h) Work with the Finance department on monthly gift and campaign reconciliation; i) Responsible for updating and maintaining all acknowledgement letters; and j) Provides prompt response to donor inquiries received by phone, email or mail
2. Responsible for reporting and data entry of Network for Good, PNC, and Give by Cell donations.
3. Assist the Director of Development in the management of Capital Campaign records, including: pledge records, pledge reminders, and gift acknowledgements.
4. Prepare annual workplace giving applications to: United Way, Maryland Charity Campaign, Combined Charity Campaigns, Community Health Charities, and Combined Federal Campaign; a) Ensure Moveable Feast is represented at workplace giving campaign events; and b) Ensure all workplace campaign gifts are entered into our database and acknowledged.
5. Responsible for updating and maintaining GuideStar, Charity Navigator, and other online profiles.
6. Represent Development Department, as needed, at community events.
7. Adhere to Moveable Feast’s Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual.
8. Adhere to all Federal Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, by protecting the privacy and security of all patient/client health information.
9. Participate in advocacy activities that support Moveable Feast’s mission and annual fund raising events, Ride for the Feast and Dining Out For Life.
10. Participate in departmental and organizational meetings.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Development Director or Executive Director.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years development experience, database management experience preferred.
- Successful candidate will be friendly, positive, creative, willing to learn, and hard working
- Excellent customer service skills
- Candidate must adhere to high ethical standards of integrity and discretion in working with confidential donor information.
Knowledge of the functions of a nonprofit development office, fundraising objectives, donor cultivation and retention strategies and how content management systems operate. Skilled in excellent written and oral communication skills; strong time management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks effectively; extreme attention to detail; computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel), and donor database systems (experience with DonorPro and Network for Good a plus). Able to work collaboratively across all departments, handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously; gather data, compile information and prepare reports; use independent judgment and manage and impart confidential information; read and comprehend simple instructions; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to individuals and groups; apply common sense understanding; carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and interact with a diverse staff and client population.
Salary: $15.00 – $16.00 (hourly)
Benefits: CareFirst BC/BS medical, dental & vision insurance (75% employer paid) + $2,000 HRA Visa Card; 2 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO); 9 paid holidays; & 403(b) retirement plan.