Mousetrappe is on the cutting edge of multi-media production, working with top theme park and cultural experiences to produce state of the art content around the world for everything from theme parks to museums to live entertainment. We do this by amassing teams of creative, inspiring, hard-working, and focused people who believe in the power of storytelling to bring life and dimension to otherwise static experiences. Our culture is based on collaboration, creativity, performance and having a positive impact not only for our clients, but the people who experience our work first hand as theme park goers, museum aficionados, thrill seekers and more.
Mousetrappe is looking for an experienced Immersive Media Art Director to join our team. The Art Director, under the direction of and in collaboration with the Creative Director and Producer, is responsible for developing, communicating, guiding, and delivering the visual content of Mousetrappe's media-based experiences. This is a full time, project-based position.
The Art Director oversees the development of all visual content throughout the project life cycle, from Blue Sky through Opening. This position develops and articulates the vision through a variety of visual mediums and intersecting disciplines, conceives the look and feel that defines the creative product and design intent, and provides coordinated substantive visual content and documentation. The Art Director works within a traditional and custom media / design pipeline and is experienced in successfully completing projects from pre-production through post-production while maintaining the design intent and integrity throughout the process.
This position requires strong communication abilities, familiarity executing concepts into operational attractions and media shows and the artistic/technical knowledge required to align an interdisciplinary team around a complex project.
- Fluency and ability to communicate visual ideas through drawings, illustrations, reference boards, concept art, etc.
- Computer proficiency in basic online resource toolkits, as well as exceptional skills in drawing programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Cloud, After Effects, InDesign, Maya, Cinema4D, and Sketch Up.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of design and command of full media pipeline, mastering the ability to communicate with artists across a variety of mediums.
- Ability to communicate ideas in a variety of mediums, including but not limited to: concept designs, storyboards, beat boards, 3D renderings and dimensional design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the creative design process and deliverables expectations.
- Knowledge of complex show delivery technologies such as: programming, lighting, effects, digital media production, audio reinforcement, interactive technologies, animated figures, etc.
- Experience within animation / VFX pipelines.
- Demonstrated leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience in Theater/Set Design or Dimension Design.
- Projection Mapping Experience
- Non-standard format Media Design Work
Please Submit the Following for Consideration:
- Current Resume
- Link to a sample of work and/or full portfolio
- Hourly/Day Rate
- Days and hours of availability during week
No agencies and no calls please. Do not send duplicate applications, samples or emails through our website.
Note: Due to a typical large volume of responses, only candidates under consideration will receive reply. To all others we appreciate your interest and thank you in advance.