Medical Assistant Program Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MOUNTAINLAND TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Invites applications for the position of:
Medical Assistant Program Coordinator
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
Location: 2301 W. Ashton Blvd Lehi, Utah 84043
Reports to: Director of Health Programs
Status: Full-Time/ Exempt
This position includes a generous benefits package including 401 k, Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, Paid Holiday, Personal, Sick & Vacation, Tuition discount after three months of employment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and support the Medical Assistant program, including instructional design, delivery systems, program and student evaluation, admissions and advising; ensure program complies with college, state, and federal laws, standards and guidelines
- Plan and develop a variety of instructional objectives and experiences appropriate to the Medical Assistant program goals including appropriate general education requirements for the course.
- Present to and engage groups of students to achieve their educational goals
- Maintain positive student retention and ensure a quality educational experience
- Work effectively with faculty, staff, students, administration, vendors, and other state and accrediting agencies to plan and implement the Medical Assistant program
- Develop and maintaining Medical Assistant industry connections to support externship placements, employment opportunities and program growth
- Demonstrate a passion for the Medical Assistant field
- Participate in training, observation and evaluation
- Ensure compliance with College and programmatic accreditation, regulations, and policies
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Participates in accreditation reviews and reports, as requested
- Coordinates program supplies and needs for each campus.
- Develops and works with the local program advisory committee in conjunction with all instructors to ensure that the curriculum meets currently acceptable performance standards.
- Assists in publicizing and disseminating information about the program.
- Works with staff and faculty in recruiting students.
- Assists the program director with activities such as HOSA, SkillsUSA, etc.
- Maintain student/faculty contact and address problems and concerns in assigned areas.
- Works with faculty to assure that the program missions, goals and student learning outcomes, competencies and objectives are current and comply with accreditation requirements.
- Submits recommendations for textbooks and related instructional materials to faculty for review.
- Orders textbooks and instructional materials.
- Selects and approves appropriate externship sites.
- Coordinates program agreements and affiliations with outside entities.
- Approves student requests for externships.
- Oversees externships, on-site assessment of student experiences, and evaluation of the quality of learning opportunities.
- Visits sites at least once per quarter where students are placed.
- Develops instructional plans and assists students and instructors in achieving the theory and performance requirements of the program.
- Evaluates student performance with sufficient frequency to provide timely and valid feedback to both the students and the instructors.
- Maintains grade books in sufficient detail to document clearly learning progress and achievement.
- Minimum Associate's degree, bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum two years' of professional experience as a medical assistant or equivalent.
- Documented successful higher education teaching experience in the areas of assigned teaching responsibilities.
- Appropriate current professional certification as a Certified Medical Assistant.
MTECH maintains the right to conduct a criminal history background check; employment is contingent upon background check results
Mountainland Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Inquiries may also be sent to:
2301 Ashton Blvd
Lehi, UT 84043
Office for Civil Rights, Denver Office
U.S Department of Education
Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building
1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 310
Denver, CO 80204-3582
Phone: 303-844-5695 (TDD: 800-877-8339)
Mountainland Technical College
EducationView all jobs at Mountainland Technical College