Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following job functions are not all-inclusive as the Servicing Specialist may be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the Servicing Manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
- Respond to and resolve borrower inquiries for serviced and service released loans
- Respond to and resolve issues on funded loans raised by BDM, MWF Loan Officers and Brokers for serviced loans; facilitate resolving issues on service released loans
- Respond to and resolve issues on loans in process raised by MWF Production staff
- Identify interim serviced loans that require payment collection, issue statements for the collection of the same
- Place outbound calls and take incoming calls related to collecting interim payments
- Handle cash and check payments from borrowers who pay in person
- Work with subservicer and investors to collect payments on loans sold short
- Create and run reports daily, and provide analysis of the results
- Provide any support needed for Servicing Manager
- This is a fulltime position that requires regular, reliable and punctual attendance
Other duties may include: project work to identify/implement process improvements, performance of ongoing reviews as needed. May generate reports and summarize results.
- Must be bilingual: speaking, reading and writing in both Spanish and English is required
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to make a high volume of phone calls in an effective and professional manner
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines in a high paced; environment with heavy volume of transactions, while meeting necessary deadlines
- Ability to work in multiple systems at once in order to resolve borrower issues
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with investors and co-workers
- Expected to work in a fast paced environment to meet deadline requirements
- Detail oriented
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- FDCPA training, or the ability to complete training within 3 months of starting this position
- Mortgage experience helpful, but not required
- Servicing experience helpful, but not required
- Collection experience helpful, but not required
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with mortgage origination applications helpful, but not required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience. We also have other openings at this location as for more information please refer to our recruiting website: http://recruting.mwfinc.com
Mountain West Financial is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Mountain West Financial. Inc.
Why Work Here?We are excited to introduce you to Mountain West Financial. Michael Douglas and Gary Martell Jr. began their career in the mortgage industry as competing Originators. They use that background today to maintain an environment where the entire company works toward one common goal; to close loans while delivering customer service that is second to none. Since 1990 Mountain West Financial has built a reputation of not just putting people in any loan, but to put them in a home loan that suits both their short and long term goals, to earn the opportunity to become a lender for life. Our Success over the past 30 years is derived from our goal of offering sustainable homeownership solutions, doing right by our team, clients, and referral partners drives us to continuously expand out program offerings, systems and tools. In order to accomplish these goals we constantly analyze and improve our internal processes to enhance our service levels to all of our clients, both internal and external while maintaining our high business standards. Calling all Processors, Jr. Processors, Data Entry, Disclosure Technicians, and anyone looking to grow and advance their mortgage career. Are you looking to make a move to Underwriting? We are looking for those who want to take charge of their success and become an Underwriter. We have developed and are launching our new training proprietary platform – Underwriting Academy. Come join us! To qualify for Underwriting Academy, you must first meet MWF employment qualifications, be onboard as a Underwriting Assistant, and meet the following: • Someone who wants to work closely with Loan Officers, Processors, and other team members to get borrowers approved for their home purchases or refinances • 1+ year experience in Mortgage Lending • Detail Oriented • Ability to evaluate information to find solutions to ultimately lead to strong decision making • Ability to multitask • Driven to learn • Good Customer Service and Communication Skills If you’re ready to take the next steps in your Mortgage Career – join us for the launch of Underwriting Academy. For more information, send a resume and any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mountain West Financial is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you are looking to train up to underwriting, this could be your opportunity.