We are currently seeking Full-Time and Part-Time Masters Degreed and License Eligible- Substance Abuse- Therapists to join our team!
Mountain Valley Counseling is a growing, for-profit provider of behavioral health services with locations in Phoenix, Mesa, Avondale, Casa Grande and Tucson. We are well-established in the Forensic community, providing specialized treatment for court ordered individuals and private pay services with 30+ years’ experience.
Join Mountain Valley Counseling for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an excellent compensation and benefits package for full-time employees, including 401(k) program, generous PTO and Holiday pay, medical, dental, vision insurance, and professional liability insurance.
Work hours may vary from 9am-8pm, Monday-Friday in our Phoenix and Avondale offices.
Our Therapist are responsible for providing timely, evidence-based clinical and non-clinical support services to adults and families, including screening, assessment, treatment planning, interdisciplinary collaboration of services coordination of care, and crisis intervention. All services are guided by both ACA and ATSA codes of Ethics and delivered according to guidelines set forth by AzBBHE.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work) and must be eligible to take the NCE to become Licensed at the Associate level by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners in 90 days or less. If Out-of-State Licensure must able to obtain AzBBHE license prior to start date.
- Prior clinical experience (includes internships) working with the drug/alcohol offenders for our substance abuse program
- Ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans, as well as the ability to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and modify treatment plans to meet changing treatment goals
- Required to be flexible as schedules and office locations may vary based upon needs of agency. Travel between offices may be required.
- Certification of CPR and First Aid Training
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety or eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Good academic and working knowledge of DSM V, Psychotropic Medications, Crisis Intervention, Clinical Methods and Procedures, Intervention Techniques and ability to apply same to possibly unstable, treatment resistant adults of various ethnic cultures for co-occurring disorders (GMH/SA/SMI/SO).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Full Time and Part-time positions available
2400 W. Dunlap Ave., Suite 133, Phoenix, AZ 85021
1457 N. Eliseo C. Felix Jr. Way, Suite 108, Avondale, Az 85283