We are seeking a highly motivated and self directed team player to join our team. The primary duties include assisting the dentist with a variety of aspects in dental care and procedures as well as helping our other team members.
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing patients for dental work to include reviewing medical history past and present. Collecting and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs.
- Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Assist with all dental treatment to include complex procedures such as: Cerec Crowns, Implant surgery and Clear Correct Ortho Systems.
- Flexible with duties to include assisting our hygienists or front office team when needed.
- Illustrate effective communication skills with our patients, doctors and team members.
- Digital dental x-rays (Dexis)
- CBCT (will train)
- Charting clinical treatment and working knowledge of Dentrix Software.
- Interacting with our patients to make them feel comfortable.
- Providing post-operative instructions as directed by the dentists.
- Maintaining proper care of equipment.
- Assist with perio procedures with our in house periodontist
Dental Assistant Requirements:
- Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assistance program.
- 3-5 years chairside experience.
- Dental x-ray certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to provide excellent patient care.