Our company is growing, and we are looking for qualified, licensed Registered Nurses. Our Registered Nurse positions are On-Call, and pay will be based per shift, as well as compensated at a weekly rate.
- Assume primary responsibility for All Care Home Health total census during assigned shift.
- Answer all phone calls received on behalf of the agency, and follow up according to agency policies and procedures.
- Provide skilled nursing, intervention, and supportive care to patients in the home setting.
- Educate primary caregivers, volunteers, and employed caregivers to provide care for patients as indicated.
- Maintain regular communication with agency staff and the patient’s referring physician and/or case manager concerning patient/family care needs and response to interventions.
- Maintain up-to-date patient records so that problems, goals and interventions are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur.
- Complete documentation within agency guidelines and to meet regulatory requirements. Submit completed documentation within one business day after on-call services are provided.
- Accept referrals for new patients in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with agency nursing staff to review problems or unique issues from on-call hours
- Participate in the agency’s orientation and in-service training programs for professional staff
- Participate in agency’s performance improvement activities and marketing and community programs as requested, to promote professional growth and understanding of home health care
- Demonstrate familiarity with policies of the agency and rules and regulations of State and Federal bodies which aid in determining policies
- Perform specific assignments as directed
- Possess a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or the State of North Carolina. Preferably possess a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing.
- Minimum two years of varied work experience as a registered nurse with preferably one of the two years in either an acute, oncology, home health and/or hospice setting.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance, and an automobile for field use
- Ability to provide skilled nursing services and complete documentation within the agency’s productivity standards
- Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings
- Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles