- Expired: January 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Cashier works to support the success and profitability of the store. They hold a crucial role because they create a clean and safe destination atmosphere that customers want to return to by providing hot, fresh food and excellent customer service. The Cashier is responsible for supporting the management team in facilitating and completing all food service tasks including food preparation, serving, food presentation, cash register duties, customer service, cleaning and all other related functions. The Cashier ensures an exceptional customer experience by providing world class customer service and fosters a cohesive, collaborative, team-oriented relationship with all team members.
- Smile and greet customers in a friendly manner as they enter the store. Provide a fast, friendly, and enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests in a timely and efficient manner. Engage each customer genuinely and thank them for their business.
- Operate a cash register adhering to all Company policies and standards. Maintain proper cash levels and follow all cash handling and shift change processes and procedures to ensure no cash shortages occur.
- Adhere to federal and state laws, and company policy regarding the sale of alcohol, tobacco, lottery and all other age restricted products.
- Ensure the proper execution of assigned foodservice programs and procedures. Assure fresh, quality food, hot coffee and beverages are available at all times.
- Take customer orders; cook and prepare food items as necessary. Serve food in correct portions.
- Adhere to all policy, health code, and safety regulations for the service, preparation, and storage of food.
- Maintain proper stock levels for all serving, kitchen, dining, food preparation and condiment areas. Ensure the Food Service Manager is aware of any stock or supply shortages.
- Follow company uniform, appearance, and dress code policies.
- Adhere to the execution of established safety and security policies and procedures. Ensure all safety equipment is available and being used properly. Inform the Food service Manager of any malfunctions, safety concerns or needs.
- Ensure the proper execution of all assigned store level marketing programs.
- Suggestively sell promotions, food and beverage specials and company loyalty programs.
- Maintain a clean customer-ready store inside and outside.
- Communicate with the Management team regarding customer requests or complaints and any vendor related concerns. Report all theft and any suspected shoplifting.
- Check in external and internal vendors according to standards and procedures.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and quality standards.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned to accommodate store operational needs.
- Represent the company brand by exemplifying its core values.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this position.
- Must be able to operate and maintain food service equipment, i.e. oven, range, grill, hot case, warmers, etc.
- Basic language and mathematical skills.
- Ability to Multitask, perform repeated bending, reaching, prolonged standing, and be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Willingness to work weekends, nights, and holidays as scheduled.
- Must be able to reliably report to work on time, as scheduled.
Mountain Express (Retail Division)
RetailView all jobs at Mountain Express (Retail Division)