District Manager (C-Store)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: District Manager
The District Manager will be responsible for directing and overseeing all area store personnel to achieve District and Corporate performance objectives. This role is key for the overall profitability and productivity of multiple retail stores and oversees many aspects of their day-to-day operations as well as creating a work environment that supports and promotes employee engagement through coaching and demonstrating Company values. The District Manager directly supervises individual Store Managers and requires a continuous visible presence within their assigned stores.
- Maximize store sales by directing and assisting Store Managers and ensuring customer service and appearance standards are maintained, merchandising programs are properly implemented, and build to and stock levels are enforced.
- Manage controllable costs through analysis and initiating corrective action. Costs include inventory and cash variances, salaries, overtime, turnover, repairs and ensuring labor budgets are followed.
- Personally, investigate Inventory and cash shrink. Take preventive and corrective actions to prevent losses caused by employee, customer, or vendor theft and accounting errors.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required. Analyze report details to identify trends or opportunities and take corrective action.
- Oversee adherence and compliance to all Food Service Program Procedures, processes, and standards, ensuring the successful daily operational and sanitation requirements of the program at each location.
- Train, encourage, and motivate Store Management and staff to drive sales plans, incentive programs, and product promotions. Implement and enforce marketing plans and ensure the availability of promotional items.
- Develop partnerships and effectively communicate with vendors to ensure compliance and expectations are met.
- Enforce adherence and compliance to policies and procedures, government regulations, food safety guidelines, restricted products sales policies and store presentation standards.
- Provide leadership and direction to Store Managers, including assistance in recruiting, selection, onboarding and orientation processes. Assist with employee development and training programs.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment through enforcement of safety and security practices, communication, correction, and training.
- Implement non-discriminatory related management skills while hiring, assigning duties, training, counselling, coaching, correcting, and separating employees.
- Effectively communicate with Human Resources to ensure that employee disciplinary action is fair and equitable, consistently administered, and all necessary progressive documentation is completed prior to termination.
- Complete termination reports and status change forms for compensation changes, promotions, demotions and transfers. All forms/reports must be completed and turned in to Human Resources within the same week of the effective date.
- Maintain a professional and supportive demeanor when dealing with subordinates and supervisors. Conduct should always reflect the Company’s image standards.
- Develop and maintain a culture of trust that is conducive to communication/feedback from Store Managers, their staff and customers, at all times.
- Conduct Management performance evaluations and ensure employee reviews are conducted timely and as required.
- Focus on the retention of quality employees by identifying talent and providing opportunities for growth and development. Employee development must be a priority.
- Review and follow up with all customer complaints within 24 hours and ensure they are handled appropriately and promptly. Personally, contact customers when appropriate.
- Conduct regular store inspections, audits and surveys to ensure safety, security and compliance to company policy and procedures.
- Maintain a high awareness of competitor pricing, marketing or other activities that could have an impact on the business.
- At least five years of experience in Multi-store, territory, or District Management within a similar industry, or other relevant leadership experience.
- Must maintain a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license with an insurable driving record.
- Passionate servant leadership. Lead others by communicating a clear vision, observing and recognizing talent, ongoing training and development, and positive recognition.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced and detail-oriented environment.
- High energy with a high level of commitment to excellence.
- Must be sales oriented, driven, and above all customer focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Capable of sharing or listening to ideas with others.
- Able to handle/manage stressful situations – respond effectively and professionally in times of conflict and apply crisis management when necessary.
- Must be capable of fact-based reasoning and rely on quantifiable data driven analysis to form decisions.
- Must be flexible and able to accept criticism. Remain open to change and embrace opportunities to resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities.
- Must be capable of developing and sharing strategic vision. Consider customer, employee, and competitor trends in decision making. Activities, decisions and planning should always align with company culture and image.
- Must be self-directed and motivated. Manages time efficiently by identifying value added activities and eliminating non-value-added activities that take away from the ability to drive results and be productive.
- Demonstrates a high level of character, honesty and integrity at all times. Models a professional image in language and behavior.
Powered by JazzHR
Mountain Express (Retail Division)
RetailView all jobs at Mountain Express (Retail Division)