Personal Assistant/Companion for Special Needs Support
- $18 to $24 Hourly
This position would be providing one on one support and companionship for an active young adult male with physical, cognitive and behavioral disabilities. The right candidate will be a non smoker, physically fit, mentally quick, and a skilled, safe driver. Services provided are Supported Employment to assist client with his home based business of recycling and hauling, and Community Living and Supports to assist him physically (he is in a wheelchair) and behaviorally in making good choices. The successful candidate will work two to three days during the week with an opportunity for some overnight shifts episodically throughout the year. No weekend hours. Being “handy” and enjoying fixing things and taking things apart are a plus. The first 6 1/2 + hours a day are paid starting at $24/hour. An additional 1.5-2.5 hours of a normal day start at $20/hour. Increments in pay of $.50/hour will be made every six months for the first two years. Preference given to males for this specific position.
- High school Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License with Current Vehicle insurance
- Excellent Driving skills
- Clean driving record
- Excellent social, problem solving and communication skills
- Must be physically strong and mentally engaging
- Must be accustomed to high level of activity
- Must be able to be comfortable with transfers and lifting
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. or more
- Should be a handyman of sorts that enjoys tinkering with things
- Must be able to be physically fit to assist with physical transfers and Supported Employment Services
Powered by JazzHR
Mountain Area Community Services (MACS)Arden, NC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.