IT Support Specialist
Mountain Alarm Fire & Security Ogden, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come help us protect lives!
Mountain Alarm Fire and Security is hiring for a IT Support Specialist in our Ogden Corporate branch.
Installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware under direction of Network Administrator. Provides first line technical advice, support, and training to company employees on all internal systems and hardware.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives.
• Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components, and internal office applications.
• Provides telephone, in-person and online support and training to end-users.
• First point of contact for IT department.
• Required to log all errors / requests into tracking tool
• Assist in Daily IT tasks as defined by Network Administrator
• Works with Manager of IT / IT Operations to prioritize daily workload.
• Configures, issues, and maintains inventory of company issued equipment such as laptops, desktops, and cell phones.
Adheres to the Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement and Company Safety Policy. Performs other duties as assigned.
BS or BA in Computer Science or related field. Ability to work with small tools as assigned (i.e. screw driver, hammer, etc.) Exemplary customer services skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must read and speak English. Must have good vision.
IT Skills Required:
- Basic knowledge of PC hardware architecture
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems (XP, Win 7, Win 10)
- Basic knowledge of printers
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Ability to understand new application systems
IT Preferred Skills:
- 2+ years professional Help Desk experience
- 2+ years working with enterprise systems related to internal IT Operations
- Account, passwords, and permission management: Users Creation, Group Creation, Permissions.
- Able to work with user remotely via phone, email and remote management tools.
- Experience with Active Directory
- Thorough documentation skills
- Microsoft 365 Administration experience
- Windows 7/10, Server 2016/2019
- Apple iOS troubleshooting
- Create and maintaining computer images. Imaging new and re-purposed computers.
- Experience with Telecommunications, cell phones, land lines and soft phones.
Personal Skills Required:
- Must be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able to work with minimal management oversight
- Must possess values of Integrity, Initiative, and Intelligence
- Must be able to adapt to daily schedule changes
- Must have strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be willing to multi task and support many different application systems
- Must have strong Problem solving / decision making skills
About Mountain Alarm Fire & Security:
Mountain Alarm Fire & Security is a division of Fire Protection Service Corporation. FPSC was founded in 1952 and has over 65 years' experience protecting what matters most. The Company has grown and expanded to locations throughout Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. As a family owned and operated Company, we strive to provide the best customer experience from inception and beyond. We hire quality individuals with entrepreneurial spirits who are excited to help us soar to levels that far exceed our competition.
We offer on-the-job training for industry specific skills and knowledge. We support certification in our employee's fields, from NICET and beyond. We strive to promote internal organic growth and encourage employees to apply for positions that offer personal development in our rapidly expanding company.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mountain Alarm Fire & Security
TechnologyView all jobs at Mountain Alarm Fire & Security