Mountain Alarm Fire & Security Ogden, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come help us protect what matters most!
Mountain Alarm Fire and Security is currently hiring a Collections Manager in our Ogden, Utah location.
The position is responsible for all aspects of the credit and collections department including; leading team of collections specialists, implementing collections policies established by the company, administering credit policies, performing credit checks, and establishing credit limits for customers with the assistance of CFO or Controller. Makes collection calls, investigates and resolves credit disputes with customers. Works closely with general managers, office managers, sales, vendors, and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administers the established credit and collections policies.
- Performs credit checks and establishes credit limits for customers.
- Leads team of collections specialists to meet or exceed collections and aging goals established by company, including meeting the set metrics each month.
- Makes collections calls and oversees the effectiveness and quality of calls performed by department.
- Investigates and resolves collections/credit disputes with customers including unapplied credits and works with branches to inform management of any issues.
- Works closely with branch personnel in monitoring claims and delinquent accounts.
- Manages claim process to ensure all claims are resolves in a timely manner. Works with liens, bonds, and legal cases as necessary.
- Manages and improves existing collections processes; monitors RMR at risk on a regular basis.
- Oversees any outsourced collections agencies, including first party and third party collections agencies. This includes placement of accounts, resolution of disputes and collaboration with branches to ensure the accuracy of disputes and any legal action against debtors.
- Reports to senior and/or executive management regarding collections efforts, patterns, and other areas of concern.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Required Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or 2-5 years of relevant training and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates negotiation skills and the ability to handle difficult calls with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents such as policies and collection regulations (i.e. Federal and State Collections laws).
- Ability to self-manage and work quickly and accurately.
- Able to train, mentor, and guide others to develop new skills; assist others in identifying and meeting goals; guide others to arrive at constructive solutions.
- Able to develop and promote team effort. Confront negative attitudes to build commitment and positive morale; integrate efforts and talents of team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and stay on task.
- Able to use available information to draw a timely conclusion and take quick action during difficult situations.
- Ability to handle a great deal of stress over long periods of time.
- Flexible style, perseverance, action oriented.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule.
- Must possess strong time management skills.
- Ambitious results oriented individual.
- Aptitude for problem-solving, ability to determine solutions for customers
- Able to handle daily deadline pressure with positive "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to maintain and project a positive outlook to customers at all times.
- Maintains a good working environment with all employees, vendors, and customers.
- Must read and speak English.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency is required.
About Mountain Alarm Fire & Security:
Mountain Alarm Fire & Security is a division of Fire Protection Service Corporation. FPSC was founded in 1952 and has over 65 years' experience protecting what matters most. The Company has grown and expanded to locations throughout Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, and Wyoming. As a family owned and operated Company, we strive to provide the best customer experience from inception and beyond. We hire quality individuals with entrepreneurial spirits who are excited to help us soar to levels that far exceed our competition.
We offer on-the-job training for industry-specific skills and knowledge. We support certification in our employee's fields, from NICET and beyond. We strive to promote internal organic growth and encourage employees to apply for positions that offer personal development in our rapidly expanding company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mountain Alarm Fire & Security
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Mountain Alarm Fire & Security