- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The SMS will serve as the conduit between the Safety Department and all other internal departments. In addition, they will identify, investigate, audit and evaluate all corporate, operational and human processes through safety assurance and the internal evaluation program as part of SMS in order to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the stated company safety policy and mission. The SMS Manager will assist with managing the company's data collection profile. The position will also document, enter, track, and maintain certain Safety Management System (SMS) information and records. This position will ensure all technical work is completed in a timely manner.
• Management of Programs:
o Ensure completion of all internal and external audits as required by the Internal Evaluation Program (IEP).
o Facilitate hazard identification, safety risk assessment, root cause analysis, and safety risk controls through Safety Analyses/Safety Risk Assessment and Change Management.
o Coordinate with respective departments with recommendations and corrective action plans resulting from IEP audits, ASAP reports, FAA findings, VDRPs, etc.
o Ensure timely and accurate completion of departmental corrective actions through the Safety Risk Management (SRM) process.
o Manage the Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) to include processing reports, coordinating, and facilitating Event Review Committee (ERC) meetings, and processing all required recommendations and corrective actions to completion.
• Safety Promotion:
o Assist in the implementation, maintenance, promotion, and continuous improvement of the Safety Management System (SMS) throughout the organization.
o Conduct interviews and evaluations to ensure success of the Mountain Air Cargo SMS.
o Assist with the coordination of Safety Review Board Meetings (monthly and ad hoc) and development of presentations for SRB meetings.
o Update information to safety assurance components and documents based on Safety Review Board meeting reviews and decisions.
o Develop and disperse annual Safety Culture Survey and prepare data analysis and information for Safety Review Board.
• Administer various software platforms and maintain hardcopy and electronic backup records of all required SMS Safety Assurance Records and documentation.
• Attend Reliability Group and CASS meetings.
• Assist in updates to company manuals.
• Assist in monitoring safety inputs and respond to inquiries.
• Coordinate and investigate incidents, accidents, events, and safety concerns.
• Track, trend and manage pertinent safety assurance data and documentation, and monitor safety assurance related safety objectives and data analysis.
• Attend safety programs, conferences, and training as applicable.
• Help plan and conduct periodic corporate emergency drills and coordinate emergency preparedness.
• Other duties as assigned by the DOS.
• Bachelor’s degree in safety related field and 3-5 years of experience in aviation industry or,
• 3-5 years of direct safety experience in a 14 CFR Part 5 compliant organization.
• Minimum of 2 years auditing experience.
• Demonstrated experience investigating complex aviation related incidents.
• Thorough working knowledge of FAA regulations applicable to Part 121, 135, & 145 operations.
• Thorough working knowledge of Safety Management System principles & 14 CFR Part 5.
• Strong technical writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team
• Must have knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and strong presentation skills
• FAA Certificate such as Pilot Certificate or Airframe and Powerplant Certificate (preferred)
• Experience with FOQA and ASAP programs a plus
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to travel to offsite locations (up to 50%)
• As required to maintain currency with Federal Regulations and Company Procedures
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Work typically performed in an office environment and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, printers, photocopiers, iPads, and smartphones.
• However, occasionally work involves moderate exposure to noisy airport ramp conditions and variable weather conditions (when traveling to operating stations for audit purposes).
Mountain Air Cargo is an equal opportunity employer.
Mountain Air Cargo
Get fresh SMS Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.