- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
GENERAL SUMMARY: The AA, Finance will be responsible for providing a range of administrative support to include:
· Project Coordination for the C.F.O. and the Department of Finance
· Efficient delivery of services to clients, colleagues, and external vendors
· Responsible for maintaining high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion, and independent judgment.
· Experience working with internal clients and colleagues as well as external vendors
· Assist the C.F.O. when negotiating and facilitating deals with a wide range of highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties and responsibilities for this position are split: 70% administrative and 30% financial.
Provides a wide variety of administrative and clerical support to the C.F.O. and the Department of Finance to include:
· Managing the C.F.O. and departmental calendars to prioritize activities and to ensure all commitments and deadlines are met.
· Supporting and coordinating meetings associated with the Department.
· Preparing correspondence, meeting materials, schedules, and other forms of communications for the Department.
· Assisting staff members with questions regarding policies and procedures and/or directing the issues to the appropriate parties.
· Maintaining church records in compliance with the retention policy and according to the practices established by the C.F.O.
· Organizing, updating, and maintaining the Department’s confidential filing systems.
· Performing standard office tasks, such as answering telephones, ordering of supplies, scanning documentation, reserving meeting rooms, and collecting and opening mail for distribution to the appropriate staff.
Provides accounting support to the C.F.O. and the Department of Finance which includes:
· Payroll - supporting the bi-weekly payroll process.
· Accounts Payable - supporting Accounts Payable processes when needed and acts as a back-up in the absence of the Accounts Payable Specialist.
· Purchasing Support
o Administering the corporate credit card program, including weekly and monthly reconciliations and routinely reviewing compliance with church policy.
o Supporting the purchasing process, including entering purchase requisitions, creating purchase orders, invoices, and expense reports
· Contract management - assisting the C.F.O in managing third party leases, contracts, and agreements including execution and renewal.
· Cash Receipts - Preparing and recording daily mail-in receipts, preparing bank deposits and cash sheets.
· General Accounting
o Processing journal entries and distributing bank statements.
o Preparing financial reports for presentation to organizational leadership.
o Assisting the C.F.O. with the annual audit by coordinating and tracking project deadlines.
· Engaging in special assignments or projects, as assigned by the C.F.O.
In support of the CFO and Department, other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· 4 or more years of experience in office procedures, data compilation, and record maintenance
· Bachelor’s degree of Business is preferred.
· Requires a functional knowledge of organizational operations and procedures to accurately interpret documents and act promptly.
· Requires advanced computer skills, including the use of Microsoft office suite; Sage Intacct is preferred also.
· Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, including proofreading.
· Must have the ability to observe and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
· Must be proficient and detailed-oriented to assist in maintaining an effective office environment.
· Must demonstrate creativity, flexibility, foresight, and judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
· Must have a strong customer service background and be able to interface with all levels of personnel within the organization in a professional manner.
· Must be able to organize simultaneous projects, multi-task, and meet deadlines
A Word-centered ministry, designed to evangelize the lost at any cost.
Mount Zion Baptist Church
7594 Old Hickory Blvd.Nashville, TN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?