Mount Vernon Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a full time Nursing Staff Scheduler to join our team.
The Nursing Staff Scheduler position exists to provide staffing coordination to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. This position must work effectively with team members in ensuring that work is accomplished in a timely, effective, well organized, and safe manner, while focusing on delivering quality resident care. The position must also manage the resources that are available to them in their job.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows the master staffing schedule created by the DON or designee.
- Communicates continuously with DON or designee to ensure coordination of information and maintain accuracy of nursing schedule.
- Prepares daily staffing sheets with continual revisions as necessary.
- Follows center policy and DON guidelines for numbers and assignment of staff and protocol for use of agency and in-house pool.
- Completes a listing of vacant nursing positions for DON weekly.
- Performs attendance and paid time off administration for nursing staff.
- Perform all other general and/or specific administrative staffing duties required.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
- Prior staff scheduling experience required
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.