Basic Duties: The Deli Worker arranges, prepares, serves and stocks deli food and retail products, stocks shelves and handles cashier duties.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain proper sanitation, cleanliness, and orderliness of both deli and personnel at all times. Consistently provide a quality product.
- Arranges, prepares, and serves the daily breakfast and lunch specials, and make sandwiches and wraps.
- Cook eggs to order. Put together breakfast platters, including slicing bagels.
- Prep daily for shift; slice meats and cheeses, prepare sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, etc. for take-and-go cooler, keep take-and-go cooler stocked.
- Stocks counters, coolers, refrigerators, and shelves with deli food and retail products such ice cream, drinks, Vermont products, candy, newspapers, boxed goods, gift items, etc.
- Keep Deli clean and organized, clean up prep areas as work is done.
- Clean dining area and tables, keep napkin holders filled, and refill flatware dispensers as needed.
- Make coffee, keep coffee are clean and stocked with sugars, milks.
- Will have shifts as a cashier, ring up purchases, and give correct change. Account for all monies issued and correctly collect payment for every food and drink item.
- Put together deli platters, box lunches, group orders according to the Event Order forms from Group Sales/Services.
- Inform customers about deli products and services. Describe sandwiches, daily specials, know the ingredients. Help increase sales by recommending additional items to customers
- Handles customer complaints in a timely, courteous, and professional manner at all times. Refer to supervisor or manager when questions or concerns cannot be handled.
- Notify supervisor when product of any kind is low and in need of being ordered.
- Follow all safety standards and procedures. Perform duties in a manner to maximize safety and minimize risk to self and others
Reports to: Deli Manager
Qualifications: Education amount (High School or the equivalent) and 6 months to 1 year on experience working in a Deli, restaurant, or kitchen a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to frequently lift 30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read work schedules, food orders, staffing guides, and work assignments in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
At Mount Snow we work as a team, flexing with the business and team needs. Responsibilities, duties and the requirements for this position may change at any time, with or without a change in title, benefits or salary. Like most jobs in the ski industry, this position requires a flexible schedule, possibly working outdoors in all elements, working holidays, weekends and long hours as necessary.
Apply Online Now