Dept- 5176 - MS DOWNTOWN DOCTORS FLOAT POOL
Job Title: Medical Assistant/Relations Associate
The Medical Assistant Relations Associate is responsible for effectively and efficiently providing patient procedures as ordered by the physician under the guidance of licensed medical staff (LPN, RN, NP or MD). In addition, provides clerical support necessary for efficient and effective functioning of the office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs EKGs as ordered by the physician
- Performs lab testing as ordered by the physician
- Performs PFT as ordered by the physician
- Admits patient to the exam room and takes vital signs, medical history, medication history and allergy history. Height and weight as indicated
- Performs quality controls
- Ensures that the patient referrals are completed and forwarded appropriately
- Documents appropriately any treatment
- Documents any telephone contact with the patient
- Documents in the lab accession log and outside medical testing log as per established procedure
- Adheres to universal precautions and OSHA Regulations
- Maintains examination rooms and medical areas in a clean and orderly fashion
- Registers and transacts patients promptly and accurately using current computer system
- Updates pertinent patient information, including medical insurance coverage and eligibility
- Ensures that all patients' names appear on daily ledger sheets
- Schedules patient appointments
- Retrieves and files medical reports/lab results
- Processes HMO referrals as requested by Physician, Practice Management, and patients
- Communicates to Physician all patient emergencies
- Answers telephones with name and Beth Israel Medical Group office location
- Takes messages to ensure follow-up on all calls
- Scans paperwork into the EMR in a timely fashion
- Balances ledger sheets and accounts for all monies received
- Has accountability for all aspects of the cash box and the contents within. Notifies Office Administrator or Reimbursement/Front Office Coordinator when change is needed
- Provides information to other departments as requested
- Provides assistance with uncovered shifts
- Confirms appointments
- Notifies Practice Manager or Office Manager of any problems in the office
- Notifies Practice Manager or Office Manager when office supplies are needed
- Calls insurance companies to verify coverage and eligibility
- Forwards to specialty offices all information pertinent to scheduled appointments; i.e., labs, referrals, ex-rays, etc.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or two (2) years relevant work experience preferred.
- BCLS/BLS certification required from American Heart Association
- Excellent phone manners, flexibility, knowledge of computer data entry and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle diversified responsibility in fast-paced environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an ...