Mount Pleasant Waterworks Greenville, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Provides technical support and optimization of the Process Control and SCADA systems. Includes field input/output (I/O) devices, access and control, wiring, PLC and Micro hardware and software, fiber optic network systems, industrial networks and hardware, radio communications systems, cellular communication systems, personnel computer workstation both server/client application hardware and software.
- Installs troubleshoots and repairs electrical and electronic equipment.
- Installs electrical conduit.
- Pulls and terminates wiring (both power and control.)
- Makes programming changes to ladder logic of PLCs and writes programs for PLCs based on control requirements.
- Addresses software and hardware warranty issues, perform system upgrades, modifications or expansions, new software installation, routine database backups, and other recognized computer best practices.
- Monitors system performance of PCS and SCADA systems.
- Proactively communicate with PCS Foreman to determine modifications to the Process Control and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems to assist and optimize the operations and maintenance of the water treatment, water distribution, wastewater collection, and wastewater treatment systems. Communicates with applicable departments and operations/maintenance personnel regarding all PCS changes/activities to minimize negative impacts to operations.
- Protects and secures SCADA/Process control systems against cyber-attacks through firmware upgrades, implementing network design changes, and implementing cybersecurity best practices.
- Interacts with technical support staff as well as consultants in troubleshooting issues and developing plans.
- Supports Industrial Application servers for plant automation and control and performs graphic design using Wonderware, Panelview Plus software, VTScada, and data historians as needed.
- Utilizes Maximo to document all work and asset management activities. Ensure that complete records are maintained for work activities, including software logs, system availability/failure records, strategy and loop records, software modifications records, and preventive maintenance records. Performs various preventative maintenance schedules.
- Maintain current knowledge of safety regulations and incorporate them into plant installations and maintenance functions.
- Responds to after-hours calls/emergencies (as needed).
- Associate’s Degree in electronics, control system engineering or closely related field; supplemented by one (1) to two (2) years previous experience/training in a closely related field with HMI (Wonderware or VTScada), OIT (Allen Bradley PanelVu), PLC programming/analysis (Allen Bradley RSLogix), PLC hardware (Allen Bradley), instrumentation and electronics, SCADA telemetry (Motorola STS, Motorola Toolbox, Motorola ACE, cellular modems and gateways), panel fabrication, process control equipment installation, operation, testing, and servicing, and network switch configuration and installation.
- Must have a basic understanding of water and wastewater treatment processes (including Reverse Osmosis) and operations of collections and distribution systems.
- Must have a strong background in mathematics and science.
- Must possess a Journeyman Electrician License (or obtain within one year of hire date).
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license and SC Environmental Certification Board Water and Wastewater treatment Operators License D or pursue and acquire within 2 years.
- Must have experience with computers, peripheral devices, and mobile devices.
- Must have experience in industrial networks, communication systems, and cybersecurity.
- Strong mechanical/technical aptitude to effectively perform complex troubleshooting
- Strong experience using software applications to include Microsoft Office also required.
- Skilled in oral, written, and electronic communication with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and vendors.
Mount Pleasant WaterworksWhy Work Here?
Family oriented company named one of the South Carolina Best Places to Work, great benefits. Waterworks University on site for training.
Just minutes from historic Charleston, South Carolina and beautiful area beaches, Mount Pleasant Waterworks (MPW) is one of South Carolina's Best Places to Work. We are a water and wastewater utility serving 38,000 customers in the beautiful and expanding coastal locale of Mount Pleasant. MPW currently operates four reverse osmosis treatment facilities and buys wholesale water from Charleston Water System (CWS). We offer Health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, voluntary short-term disability, life insurance, wellness facility on-site, pre-tax Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, deferred compensation plans, 10 paid holidays, sick and annual leave. We encourage professional growth with our Waterworks University and offer college tuition reimbursement.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Mount Pleasant Waterworks