The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Head Housekeeper you’ll help the Operations Manager in supervising all aspects of housekeeping and laundry – ensuring high standards are maintained.
· Check public areas, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens are clean and in good repair advise team members of areas of improvements
· Perform housekeeping duties necessary, including making beds as well as vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure guest satisfaction
· Handle complaints and special requests to achieve complete guest satisfaction
· Comply with special needs and requests of the guests, VIPs and repeat visitors
· Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance
· Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other department heads
· May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods
· Help prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increased productivity.
· Maintain proper inventory levels, managing cost per room for supplies and labor (example: bed & bath linen reuse and laundry operation).
· Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling and cleaning agents)
· May maintain procedures for security of lost and found items
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
This is the top supervisory job in the Housekeeping Department. Typically supervises a small number of housekeeping and laundry employees.
What we need from you
· High school diploma / secondary education / equivalent plus one year of housekeeping experience, including some supervisory training/experience.
· Must be able to speak local language(s).
Our locations across the Americas are always growing. And we aim to hire colleagues whose charismatic and good natured personalities really shine through to help guests keep their routine and feel at ease while they’re on the road. "
Mount Pleasant Suites (future Candlewood Suites)We are undergoing a full renovation to become the first Candlewood Suites in Mount Pleasant, SC. "At Candlewood Suites®, taking it easy has never been easier. We’re always here to make sure guests have whatever they need, whenever they need it. A spacious suite to call their own with all the facilities they need to make them feel at home, we’re all about easy comforts on the road. Our locations across the Americas are always growing. And we aim to hire colleagues whose charismatic and good natured personalities really shine through to help guests keep their routine and feel at ease while they’re on the road. "
Mount Pleasant, SC