Administrative Assistant - Dietetics Department - PT
Position Summary: Provide administrative and technical support to the Dietetics Department by performing a wide variety of clerical functions to ensure the efficient operation of the department. In collaboration with the Dietetics Department Chair, monitor department and program systems as outlined by accreditation requirements.
- Maintain a welcoming and supportive demeanor to aid faculty and students in a fast-paced environment. This will include taking direction from multiple faculty via phone, e-mail, or text.
- Conduct daily phone and computer communications to support Administrator/Chair and faculty needs. Track faculty and student activities in order to prepare Board reports, student advising schedules, meeting agendas, etc.
- Update and revise Departments' handbooks and department sections of the Undergraduate Bulletin ensuring compliance with University policies and current accreditation and licensing requirements.
- Oversee the acquisition and organization of vital information required for accreditation and licensing.
- Maintain accurate files, purge and archive files as needed to maintain accurate department records as required by accrediting agencies.
- Proactively seek opportunities to support the Administrator/Chair when completing assignments such as course description updates, schedules, scholarships, grant writing, program review, accreditation reports, and other Administrator/Chair duties.
- Assist with Department communications to University offices such as Financial Aid, Admissions, Business, Registrar, Advising & Career Development, Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications.
- Act as Content Manager for the website for the departments under the direction of the Administrator/Chair. Monitor departments' pages on the MMU website and Facebook /other Social Media to support the Administrator/Chair and extend communications for the Departments.
- Exaat program: primary administrator of the program, including implementation and ongoing data entry. Trains new faculty as needed in the program. Participates in group department calls regarding implementation and ongoing monitoring.
- Assists faculty in the implementation and monitoring of new standards for all undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Support onboarding for new FT and adjunct faculty so that they quickly learn how to navigate the MMU systems for administrative functions such as budgets, reporting of grades, available student service resources of the University, and other classroom and office manager systems.
- Act as liaison to IT and Facilities to report, monitor and track classroom and office needs. This includes the creation of help desk and facilities online work orders as well as troubleshooting on behalf of faculty until the work order has been resolved.
- Support department faculty and staff before, during, and after special events to prepare announcements, and certificates, display information, manage catering and maintenance requests, and complete any follow-up correspondence.
- Support ongoing needs of the Department/Program including:
- Prepare, submit, and manage requisitions.
- Order office and classroom supplies and maintain inventory for the office. Assist faculty in tracking classroom supplies orders and ensuring accurate receipt of goods.
- Collect and deliver campus mail, process bulk mailings, and manage multiple mailing lists.
- Support other special projects and initiatives of the department.
- Act as liaison to the Admin support for the School Dean on behalf of the department.
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work as a team member within a diverse community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with other University departments and divisions. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail; demonstrate flexible and efficient time management.
- Organized, flexible, able to prioritize and to work on multiple tasks at the same time; able to problem solve independently and collaboratively; able to adjust to changes in program requirements; able to attend to detail and the "big picture" simultaneously
- Flexibility in working in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and occasional emotionally-charged situations.
- Minimum one year experience as an administrative assistant with the ability to work with modest supervision and confidence to problem solve and communicate clearly, or a bachelor's degree with relevant experience.
- Previous customer service experience and a sincere desire to assist students.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written), organizational, and administrative skills.
- Ability to learn the current computing technologies including Jenzabar, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, databases, and minor web development utilizing Microsoft Office.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and EXCEL.
- Prefer experience in office management
- Experience in health care and/or educational settings.
- Ability to work from 8:30 to 12:30 Monday through Friday
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mount Mary UniversityMilwaukee, WI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.