- Posted: over a month ago
Perform work that involves developing tactical edge solutions for the Web based geospatial information applications focused on situational awareness platforms. Primary activities include software design, development, integration, and testing using agile methodologies. Duties also include conducting end user interviews and requirements gathering, broadening knowledge on tactical edge networks, and demonstration/exercise support.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Able to design, develop, integrate, and test software solutions autonomously.
- Be able to develop new software or readily modify existing software.
- Must be able to take immediate direction from chief architect and chief engineer.
- Must be able to develop in a controlled software configuration management environment.
- No direct supervisory responsibility but will coordinate work with other software and senior software engineers.
- Contacts are primarily with other software development and testing individuals/group.
- May coordinate with operational users and may work on-site with operational users. Will coordinate regularly with program manager, chief engineer and chief architect.
- Experience with one or more of the following development tools/environments is desired: Web Assembly, Java, Java Script, Android SDK, Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET SDK, Apple iOS SDK, Open GL Spatial Lite.
- Domain experience in geospatial systems (i.e., moving map display), full motion video, geopositioning devices, advanced GPS technology, tactical networking, UAS, and/or mission planning solutions desired.
- Experience with development tools such as JIRA, GitHUB, Confluence, and Slack.
- Experience in Web Based and Mobile Device computing (Android, iOS).
- Must be able to readily obtain/maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and two-three years experience, or masters degree or equivalent and two-years experience, in related field.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Java, Java Script, Web Assembly, C++, object oriented and network centric systems.
- Operating system experience includes Windows, Android, Apple iOS, and/or UNIX/LINUX.
- Experience in Agile development environments
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?