Chief Financial Officer - 1140645
- Posted: over a month ago
Mount Indie is looking for a Chief Financial Offer to play an integral role in taking a ~100 person company to the next level. A great fit will have strong experience leveraging financial analysis and reporting to make critical decisions around corporate direction and goals. Previous experience working for a manufacturing or production-focused company is a must with knowledge of government contracting standards and regulations being highly desired.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO & President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Influences long-term and short-term corporate direction, goals, and measures (i.e., annual planning cycle). Establishes strategic direction for financial management.
- Ensures all finance policies and systems are integrated and comply with generally accepted business/finance principles, tax, and management reporting requirements.
- Manages the evaluation, design, development and implementation and internal coordination of an integrated financial information system that supports contractual and internal financial and billing reporting requirements.
- Will manage financial personnel and Monthly financial reporting and budget for the company
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, cost benefit analysis, and developing action plans for Leadership.
- Coordinates with outside CPA firm regarding the preparation of federal and state tax returns and the annual independent financial audit.
- Implements internal audits and checkpoints to ensure that procedures, practices, records, reports and financial discrepancies are in compliance with applicable government regulations and requirements.
- Identifies areas of opportunity in operations and/or overhead to eliminate unnecessary and/or redundant costs, working with management to take appropriate actions to minimize costs while maintaining expected levels of performance.
- 10+ years of finance experience with a product and solutions company
- Strong background in manufacturing and cost accounting
- Experience in government accounting, knowledge of FAR, DFARS, DCAA
- Knowledge of indirect rate structures and DCAA/DCMA
- Ability to work, collaborate with Leadership team and ensure the finance department works well with all other departments as needed
- Ability to work with and guide CEO on company finances and overall performance
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- CPA and/or MBA
AddressSan Diego, CA
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?