- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
A Facilities Manager performs many maintenance, safety and management tasks that promote a clean and safe working environment for the building’s employees. We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee all building-related activities. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensuring that facilities are safe and well-functioning.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs and implementing proactive strategies to ensure proper processes and protocols are administered. This position is full-time and reports directly to the Chief of Staff. The Facilities manager will work in a Christian relationship with all staff, members of Mt. Carmel, and the community.
Facilities Manager Responsibilities:
· Delegating cleaning and maintenance tasks to team members
· Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as the sanctuary, offices, conference rooms, hallways, bathrooms, parking lots, and outdoor recreation spaces.
· Performing routine maintenance on facilities and making or ensuring repairs as needed
· Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors
· Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or the Church’s team of security professionals
· Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating or completing maintenance orders
· Tracking, scheduling, and creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff
· Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions
· Collaborating with the Chief of Staff, Budget Manager and department leads on budgeting for facilities needs
· Contribute to the process of hiring maintenance and cleaning staff
· Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
· Manages and reviews service contracts.
· Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
· Checks completed work by vendors and contractors.
· Inspecting buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
· Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications.
· Communicates workplace safety precautions to employees.
· Forecasts, allocates, and supervises the financial and physical resources of the facility management.
· Effectively communicate, coordinate and collaborate with fellow staff members to ensure readiness of facility and availability of facility needs for ministry activities, events and operations.
Facilities Manager Qualifications / Skills:
· Closing skills
· Strong project management skills
· Customer service orientation
· Communication skills
· Technical engineering skills
· Decision making
· Problem solving
· Experience with Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word, & Excel
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs, climb heights and crawl in tight spaces
· Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in English
· Ability to speak and understand Spanish is preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· BA in facility management, business, information management, or engineering is preferred.
· 5 -7 years in related positions
· Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
· Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
· Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Good analytical/critical thinking
· Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, professional resume, and a list of three professional references (name, professional title, email address and phone number) to Victoria Goggans, email@example.com.
Mount Carmel Baptist Church
9610 E 42nd StIndianapolis, IN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?