Job Ref: 42921BR
Job Position: Construction inspector
- High school diploma.
- One-year experience in construction projects related to water main and/or sewers or other buried infrastructure, preferred.
- This position does require use of a personal vehicle for transportation to the project sites and between sites. Sites are primarily in Kanawha, Putnam, Boone and Cabell County areas.
- OSHA 10 hour preferred but not required. Company will provide OSHA 10 hour certification
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, and is frequently required to stand or walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to feel objects, tools, or controls, and to stoop and kneel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Description: We are seeking an entry-level Construction Observation person for Water Main replacement projects in West Virginia. This position will report to our Charleston, WV office.
With little supervision, the ideal candidate will perform routine resident project representative tasks, observe construction activities, document those observations, and conduct basic survey assignments. The candidate will bring knowledge and abilities to apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria such as:
Requests interpretation of designs and specifications from Engineer in Charge and Client, as required.
Implements change orders from the Client.
Monitors performance of contractors.
Has direct exposure to Client and the public.
Acts on direction from Client and Engineer in Charge.
Utilizes uniform quantity recording and reporting procedures.
Ensures quantities, measurements and materials are being followed by contractors.
Performs routine inspection services while maintaining a closely supervised liaison between Client and contractor.
Contract Type: Regular (US only)
Position Location: Charleston, WV
Country: United States
Region/State: West Virginia
Discipline: Civil, Water
Job Profile: Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We're one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Recruiter Contact: MM Recruiter
Website Region: North America
Website Sector: Water and wastewater
Job details page image:
Work pattern: Full time