Job Ref: 40637BR
Job Position: Project manager - highways
Candidate Specification: We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- 10 or more years of experience on design, project/program management, construction administration, and project coordination for transportation projects and programs.
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in California
- Candidate to be technically capable in highway design development, familiar with Caltrans project development procedures/processes Experience in development of managed lanes is desirable.
- Demonstrated interest in the development and maintenance of client relations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required, and working as a team player is very important for this role.
- Desire to work with multiple agencies to develop projects in a collaborative fashion
Job Description: We are hiring a project manager in our Orange, California office to support various clients in Southern California. As a project manager you will be responsible for various leadership and project management duties on highway and/or roadway projects. Phases of projects for which management will be required include feasibility analyses; conceptual, preliminary and detailed design; cost estimating; construction and contract management. More specifically, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and working with technical and management groups in the delivery of a range of transportation projects, including Highway project development activities.
- Developing and presenting deliverables to client for status, updates, reporting to a political board and sub-committees.
- Managing project managers to keep projects on budget and schedule and within agreed upon scope.
- Participating with senior leaders in the establishment of short and long term plans for the transportation program.
- Through your project efforts and involvement in industry activities, developing and maintaining client relations.
- Actively participating in and supporting internal and external development and training activities.
Contract Type: Regular (US only)
Position Location: Orange, CA
Country: United States
Discipline: Civil, Consultancy, Railways
Job Profile: Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We're one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Recruiter Contact: Michelle Rheault
Region: North America
Website sector: Rail and transit, Transport
Job details page image:
Work pattern: Full time