The NSS Research And Development team develops software for public and private safety organizations to manage workflow and operational intelligence management. We build products to serve large cities that need sophisticated, customized workflows to smaller municipalities that need cost effective, end to end solutions. All of our systems are built scalable and highly reliable. We provide both cloud and on-premises solutions.
These efforts are all in support of our hybrid cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for public and private safety customers. This team is part of the Software Enterprise division, which offers secure, reliable and efficient team communications, and records and evidence solutions for critical public safety and enterprise markets throughout the world. Our services use cloud computing infrastructure on Azure to build at scale.
Candidates for this position are experienced and technically strong individuals who will play a critical role as a Software Engineer with strong knowledge and hands-on experience in design and development.The candidate will be developing and testing software applications, cloud services and virtual platforms for LTE Mission Critical Communication Systems.
Motorola Solutions is looking for candidates with strong interests in:
- Developing cutting edge secure digital communication solutions for Enterprise Security, Public Safety and First Responders
- Information Security practices and secure software development methodologies and techniques
- Cloud technologies to create highly available and secure applications and services
- Mission critical software feature development
- Candidates are expected to work in a team environment utilizing the latest industry standard agile practices for planning, implementing, and delivering products and services.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong knowledge of Azure and Microsoft products
- Team software development using Scrum
- Secure network communication protocols and deployment of virtual network components
- Security concepts such as authentication, access control, authorization, cryptography, and least privilege
- Programming expertise in developing cloud based applications and services
- Knowledge of CI/CD, XAML, Linux (multiple variants), Network Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP,TLS,HTTPS), Cloud technologies (Azure, and toolchain), and Unified Communication technologies (SMS, MMS, SIP, VOIP), mobile technologies (Xamarin, iOS, Android)
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
Enterprise Physical Security Operations include solutions for video surveillance, access control, mass notification and command & control. The Enterprise Security business consists of a small team, in startup like atmosphere, chartered to create a cloud-based platform for Enterprise Physical Security Operations. The team leverages existing products, solutions and experience in public safety to streamline and unify security operations workflow to reduce risk, provide safety for employees/customers and ensure business continuity for Enterprise Customers.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity.